Quick question: Scott pilgram vs the world

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Octopod
Next-Gen

Re: Quick question: Scott pilgram vs the world

Post by Octopod »

dsheinem wrote:I keep seeing a lot about this game and the movie. Is there some reason I should legitimately care about Michael Cera playing an awkward super hero, or have they just gone overboard with marketing?

No. It looks stupid as shit.

The movie that is. I haven't even bothered to watch a game trailer because the movie trailer was so dumb.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Gamerforlife wrote:Oh, and how can I forget, it's from the director who did Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, both excellent movies and both very geek friendly.

Shaun of the Dead.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I'm looking forward to this game!! :)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dsheinem wrote:I keep seeing a lot about this game and the movie. Is there some reason I should legitimately care about Michael Cera playing an awkward super hero, or have they just gone overboard with marketing?

It was a huge hit at the test screenings. I'm not a fan of Cera (talk like a man in at least one role please), but I've heard nothing but good things about Pilgrim.
dischord76
24-bit

Post by dischord76 »

whenever Michael Cera stars in a movie it should just be "Michael Cera as....Michael Cera" He plays the same damn character in every movie. Super Bad is still great imo though....The movie doesn't look great at all, but who knows. I had no clue there was a game as well, I might check it out after it's released to see what kind of reviews it gets.
timidturtle
16-bit

Post by timidturtle »

Just the fact that Micheal Cera is the lead role cancels out how awesome it is that Edgar Wright is the director.

Not looking forward to the movie.
Looking forward to the game.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

timidturtle wrote:Just the fact that Micheal Cera is the lead role cancels out how awesome it is that Edgar Wright is the director.

Not looking forward to the movie.
Looking forward to the game.

Agreed. The fact that he's the lead just completely ruins the entire film for me. He was good in Superbad, but then watching subsequent films with him in, and it's the same character. No wait, it's not even a character. It's just Michael Cera. He is the American Hugh Grant.

Game looks pretty good however. Which is quite odd.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys