Page 2 of 5

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:05 pm
by Gamerforlife
noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Don't listen to people who tell you that silly games are meant to be played argument.


so then what are games meant for then? :roll:


Whatever you want them to be for, which could include simply collecting them sealed

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:08 pm
by noiseredux
Gamerforlife wrote:
Whatever you want them to be for, which could include simply collecting them sealed


ok, I'll agree with you there. They are a product, and you can do with them what you please.

But this statement I disagree with:
there's never ANY reason to open a sealed game if you're a serious collector.

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:09 pm
by Gamerforlife
noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:
Whatever you want them to be for, which could include simply collecting them sealed


ok, I'll agree with you there. They are a product, and you can do with them what you please.

But this statement I disagree with:
there's never ANY reason to open a sealed game if you're a serious collector.


Okay, fair enough, collectors come in many different forms and some don't care about keeping things sealed. I'll agree with you there

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:47 pm
by Quiet Flight
Hell, I don't even keep cases or boxes. I save so much room with a CD-wallet and a box for cart games.

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:52 pm
by J T
Hatta wrote:Sell it to someone with too much money and buy an opened copy. Spend the rest on blackjack and hookers.



Best advice. 8)

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:59 pm
by Chris Leach
I might do this if no one is interested in buying this item from me and make a youtube video out of it...?

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 pm
by lisalover1
Chris Leach wrote:I have an R8 game for the Atari 2600 and I am thinking about opening the item just to open it....should you ever open a game just cause its sealed...?

If it is a game you don't want to play, leave it sealed. If you ever do want to play it on actual 2600 hardware, just get a Harmony flashcart, or do what I do: Get a Supercharger and a cheap MP3 player, and boom! You have a poor man's flashcart. :lol:

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm
by slowslow325
I don't think any 2600 game is worth opening! The good ones are almost always dirt cheap and you could just buy a new one, and the rare ones aren't worth playing.

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm
by Chris Leach
lisalover1 wrote:
Chris Leach wrote:I have an R8 game for the Atari 2600 and I am thinking about opening the item just to open it....should you ever open a game just cause its sealed...?

If it is a game you don't want to play, leave it sealed. If you ever do want to play it on actual 2600 hardware, just get a Harmony flashcart, or do what I do: Get a Supercharger and a cheap MP3 player, and boom! You have a poor man's flashcart. :lol:



Tell me more about this poor man's flashcart?

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm
by Hobie-wan
J T wrote:
Hatta wrote:Sell it to someone with too much money and buy an opened copy. Spend the rest on blackjack and hookers.



Best advice. 8)


Nono

Hookers and blow!

or

Ale and whores!