Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by Gamerforlife Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:05 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Don't listen to people who tell you that silly games are meant to be played argument.


so then what are games meant for then? :roll:


Whatever you want them to be for, which could include simply collecting them sealed
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38051
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by noiseredux Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:
Whatever you want them to be for, which could include simply collecting them sealed


ok, I'll agree with you there. They are a product, and you can do with them what you please.

But this statement I disagree with:
there's never ANY reason to open a sealed game if you're a serious collector.
Image
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by Gamerforlife Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:09 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:
Whatever you want them to be for, which could include simply collecting them sealed


ok, I'll agree with you there. They are a product, and you can do with them what you please.

But this statement I disagree with:
there's never ANY reason to open a sealed game if you're a serious collector.


Okay, fair enough, collectors come in many different forms and some don't care about keeping things sealed. I'll agree with you there
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Quiet Flight
24-bit
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by Quiet Flight Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Hell, I don't even keep cases or boxes. I save so much room with a CD-wallet and a box for cart games.
User avatar
J T
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12420
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by J T Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Hatta wrote:Sell it to someone with too much money and buy an opened copy. Spend the rest on blackjack and hookers.



Best advice. 8)
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Chris Leach
128-bit
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 am

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by Chris Leach Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:59 pm

I might do this if no one is interested in buying this item from me and make a youtube video out of it...?
User avatar
lisalover1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Redmond, WA

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by lisalover1 Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Chris Leach wrote:I have an R8 game for the Atari 2600 and I am thinking about opening the item just to open it....should you ever open a game just cause its sealed...?

If it is a game you don't want to play, leave it sealed. If you ever do want to play it on actual 2600 hardware, just get a Harmony flashcart, or do what I do: Get a Supercharger and a cheap MP3 player, and boom! You have a poor man's flashcart. :lol:
Image
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
slowslow325
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by slowslow325 Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm

I don't think any 2600 game is worth opening! The good ones are almost always dirt cheap and you could just buy a new one, and the rare ones aren't worth playing.
Chris Leach
128-bit
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 am

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by Chris Leach Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm

lisalover1 wrote:
Chris Leach wrote:I have an R8 game for the Atari 2600 and I am thinking about opening the item just to open it....should you ever open a game just cause its sealed...?

If it is a game you don't want to play, leave it sealed. If you ever do want to play it on actual 2600 hardware, just get a Harmony flashcart, or do what I do: Get a Supercharger and a cheap MP3 player, and boom! You have a poor man's flashcart. :lol:



Tell me more about this poor man's flashcart?
User avatar
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21718
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Under a pile of retro stuff in H-town

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

by Hobie-wan Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

J T wrote:
Hatta wrote:Sell it to someone with too much money and buy an opened copy. Spend the rest on blackjack and hookers.



Best advice. 8)


Nono

Hookers and blow!

or

Ale and whores!
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests