Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Chris Leach
128-bit

Re: Would you open a factory sealed R8 game?

Post by Chris Leach »

Gaming isnt about the completeness any longer when it come to owning the box and manual...The idea in my head is to own the game. If I have the manual and box great..they look nice on the shelf. If its sealed..>Who cares. It stopes me from playing it and seriously .... the shrinkwrap can destroy some of the older ame boxes...Ive seen it so often. YOur 30 year old atari game looks new cause it wrapped, but the box is mashed to high hell> ? Seriously?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Chris if you open it... pictures... or a video. I really wish I had taken a video of my unwrapping PSOI&II.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I think I'm with the "keep it sealed" camp. I don't collect sealed games myself (for the same reasons others here have stated) but if I were to get my hands on a sealed game I'd simply sell it off, and use that money to buy an opened copy of that same game + a few other things.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:I think I'm with the "keep it sealed" camp. I don't collect sealed games myself (for the same reasons others here have stated) but if I were to get my hands on a sealed game I'd simply sell it off, and use that money to buy an opened copy of that same game + a few other things.

I'm slightly different. If I find a sealed game, but it's a game I want then I want to open it. Then I have a cool story about how I love this game and I had found it sealed (like in the case of PSO)... but if it's something I'm NOT into then I wouldn't bother opening it, I'd just sell it.
Chris Leach
128-bit

Post by Chris Leach »

I opened my Cheetahman II sealed copy cause I swore the tool on ebay screwed me ....

The wrap didnt have the H seal on the back, so I thought it was fake...

Sure enough I opened it and it was the action 52 cart. I was livid. i emailed the seller and asked why they sold me the Action 52 cart instead of Cheetahman II...then he wrote back days later....

"I can't believe you opened it.....but since you did, I am sorry I should have told you...."

"Flip it over dude!"

Hahaha sure enough there it was..the gold foil sticker that said "Cheetahman II" lame was I? Nope...just didnt know the facts about the cart til then...no I know and knowing is half the battle!

Wish I would have video taped that one though! I could seal it back up since it was a home shrinkwrap machine that did so to begn with from production..not Nintendo. Thats why there was no H seal....
itsmattxp
128-bit

Post by itsmattxp »

If you open it, its like using that extra $$$ as toilet paper.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

I'd sell it and buy an open copy of the game. Like many have said, games are to be played, not frozen in carbonite.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

i'd say hold off