Send us your logo art & theme music for the podcast BY 08/17

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Send us your logo art & theme music for the podcast BY 08/17

Post by dsheinem »

I thought I'd post this here in case some you don't listen to the podcast but might have some interest in doing art design or music recording to get some publicity for your work. I've had a few logo submissions already and will probably put them up for a vote on the forums later this month. Keep them coming though! As for music, no one has sent anything yet :( .

Here's the details from the front page...

The Podcast needs your help!

Art: We’re looking for someone with a knowledge of graphic design to help us create a logo for the show and for some of our upcoming segments. If you have a submission or need anything from us (pictures, ideas, etc.) please contact us at podcast@racketboy.com.

Music: We’re also looking for someone who would be interested in creating a 30 second theme song for the show and several brief sound clips for various segments. Once again, send submissions or questions to podcast@racketboy.com.

If you can help us out it would be sincerely appreciated. We can’t promise fortune, but we can promise marginal web fame. We’ll even thank you profusely and tell you how wonderful you are on the air!

Please send all submissions to that email address - don't post them here or send them via PM.

Thanks!

UPDATE: PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS BY AUGUST 17TH
Xonticus
128-bit

Re: Send us your logo art and theme music for the podcast!

Post by Xonticus »

To be honest, I've never taken the time out to listen to many podcats ever, but I support this. It's cool that you guys are reaching out to the community for this!
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I'm in need of an S as you can see.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I may have a possible theme tune for you. It was composed for one of my video projects that fell through so it's just hanging there. Send me a message on steam and I'll send you a link to it.

Failing that I'll work on a different one.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

So no one submitted any music yet? That's not strange, considering it's not an easy feat. I would love to submit something, but finding the time will be hard. For a severe lack of recording gear, best I would be able to do is to lay some guitar tracks down over midi bass and drums. Would that be something acceptable?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Ziggy587 wrote:So no one submitted any music yet? That's not strange, considering it's not an easy feat. I would love to submit something, but finding the time will be hard. For a severe lack of recording gear, best I would be able to do is to lay some guitar tracks down over midi bass and drums. Would that be something acceptable?

Send whatever ya got! I've received several logos and one 30 second loop - everything I've had sent so far is excellent, but I'd love to see more...

lease please please keep them coming!
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I'm currently working on an alternative theme tune. Gonna be working on it over the weekend, hopefully have it finished by next week.

I've just bought this so I'm itching to do something constructive with it. The SID emulation is brilliant. I figure it will lend a nice retro style to the theme.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

Niode wrote:I'm currently working on an alternative theme tune. Gonna be working on it over the weekend, hopefully have it finished by next week.

I've just bought this so I'm itching to do something constructive with it. The SID emulation is brilliant. I figure it will lend a nice retro style to the theme.

You'll love this VST, it works great and has a great amount of variety.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

dsheinem wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:So no one submitted any music yet? That's not strange, considering it's not an easy feat. I would love to submit something, but finding the time will be hard. For a severe lack of recording gear, best I would be able to do is to lay some guitar tracks down over midi bass and drums. Would that be something acceptable?

Send whatever ya got! I've received several logos and one 30 second loop - everything I've had sent so far is excellent, but I'd love to see more...

lease please please keep them coming!

I've been trying to find time to work on a quick tune, but this week has been crazy with work/wedding stuff for my best friend. If you guys are still taking submissions by the end of next week I should have something.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I actually just got pulled into this little gig. My brother is throwing his girlfriend a surprise birthday party (that she knows about) but wanted to surprise her with playing some Our Lady Peace (her favorite band) songs live. Now I gotta learn 3 songs by next week. Long story shot, I would really love to make a submission or two, but don't know if I'll have time to work on that this week. Is there a deadline or time frame or something?