Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
benderx
Next-Gen

Re: K-Mart Selling Megadrive Hardware

by benderx Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Are they going to bring sega genesis to U.S. that would be fun to see. Of course I don't need, but the look on the kid face would be exciting. Sega still Does, sorry no retro nintendo around.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 pm

FiftyDollarCurse wrote: But... there are PS3 games IN THIS VERY AD.

Don't throw your facts at me, facts can be used to prove anything even remotely true.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Rocketman
24-bit

by Rocketman Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:12 am

That's pretty freaking awesome. If I had the money to blow I would buy it... I might still buy it anyway... (I hope it gets a price drop!).

If they did the same thing with the Dreamcast I'd buy it on "launch day". Do you think there's any chance of this ever happening?

And I know this hardware isn't made by SEGA themselves, but this makes me think Dreamcast 2 is just that little bit closer to becoming a reality some day.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:27 am

BlackDS wrote:to try to get back on topic, does anyone know if that little system is worth it?

Someone who posted a game room thread a few months ago had one. Apparently it handled NTSC and PAL games both which is good, but it was composite video with mono only (I think they said) which is bad. It had the usual sort of problems that clones do. Sound and colors a little off and some compatibility problems.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:33 am

I bought one the other day.Build quality is ok. The problems with it are a lack of stereo output and the games run at 60hz which means my 50hz pal games run slower and with no switch at the back to change the output (as mentioned elsewhere) this problem is unfixable.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:42 am

Droid party wrote:I bought one the other day.Build quality is ok. The problems with it are a lack of stereo output and the games run at 60hz which means my 50hz pal games run slower and with no switch at the back to change the output (as mentioned elsewhere) this problem is unfixable.

Saw this, hadda post for your Droid party Avatar. :D
Sorry for side tracking emwearz
Attachments
Duplex 02.gif
Duplex 02.gif (43.75 KiB) Viewed 243 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:41 am

I still don't understand why people even want to buy these clones considering you can buy a real genesis for cheaper.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:07 am

AppleQueso wrote:I still don't understand why people even want to buy these clones considering you can buy a real genesis for cheaper.

My reasoning is the ability to play genisis carts at 60hz. It's not a lot of help to me on my pal megadrive games but if it plays carts from all regions (as I'm led to believe it does) it allows me to import whatever I want from whichever region and play them without resorting to modding my MD2 that I've had since new.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:14 am

CRTGAMER wrote:Saw this, hadda post for your Droid party Avatar. :D
Sorry for side tracking emwearz

Obi wan jokes never get old :D
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Droid party wrote:I bought one the other day.Build quality is ok. The problems with it are a lack of stereo output and the games run at 60hz which means my 50hz pal games run slower and with no switch at the back to change the output (as mentioned elsewhere) this problem is unfixable.

This doesnt make sense. PAL MD games when run on PAL hardware run slow, not when they are running on NTSC hardware (@60hz). If the console is always outputting @ 60hz, the it is always at full speed. If it was stuck at 50hz it would be a problem.
Return to General Gaming