Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
emwearz
Next-Gen

K-Mart Selling Megadrive Hardware

by emwearz Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Thought it was interesting that K-Mart (In Australia) are selling the Blaze Sega Mega Drive, which has 15 built in games and is region free, taking both MD and Gen carts. It's $50 which I think is a bit steep, however its still cool that they are selling retro hardware, also should show how big retro gaming is becoming.

lisalover1
Next-Gen

Re: K-Mart Selling Megadrive Hardware

by lisalover1 Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Wow! There are K-Marts in Australia?
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:03 pm

emwearz wrote:Thought it was interesting that K-Mart (In Australia) are selling the Blaze Sega Mega Drive, which has 15 built in games and is region free, taking both MD and Gen carts. It's $50 which I think is a bit steep, however its still cool that they are selling retro hardware, also should show how big retro gaming is becoming.

Pretty cool. Great to see PS2 games in ads again too, emphasizing Retro popularity there.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:04 pm

lisalover1 wrote:Wow! There are K-Marts in Australia?

There are but other than name they are not related to the United States stores.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:08 pm

They are everywhere, we even have Target,Mcdonalds and other modern things like running water and electricity. :lol:

Back on topic, I know where I'll be going on my lunch break today. You live in Brisbane don't you? I live in central Queensland so I guess they should sell them in my local store.

Does anyone know if these are any good? They look as though they even take the genuine controllers which is a bonus but that's no help if they are rubbish.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Droid party wrote:

They are everywhere, we even have Target,Mcdonalds and other modern things like running water and electricity. :lol:

Back on topic, I know where I'll be going on my lunch break today. You live in Brisbane don't you? I live in central Queensland so I guess they should sell them in my local store.

Does anyone know if these are any good? They look as though they even take the genuine controllers which is a bonus but that's no help if they are rubbish.

I live in Melbourne, its on a Australian ad though, not local.

Look up reviews for the Blaze mega drive, it should tell you what you need to know.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Droid party wrote:

Australia: Celebrating 30 years of electricity! :lol:
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:20 pm

I heard in Australia the toilet flushes in the opposite direction! egad!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:28 pm

hashiriya1 wrote:I heard in Australia the toilet flushes in the opposite direction! egad!

I see you've played Knifey Spoony before.
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

by FiftyDollarCurse Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:47 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
emwearz wrote:Thought it was interesting that K-Mart (In Australia) are selling the Blaze Sega Mega Drive, which has 15 built in games and is region free, taking both MD and Gen carts. It's $50 which I think is a bit steep, however its still cool that they are selling retro hardware, also should show how big retro gaming is becoming.

Pretty cool. Great to see PS2 games in ads again too, emphasizing Retro popularity there.

The PS2 is not retro. GameStop and Wal-Mart still advertise it every week.
Return to General Gaming