Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Rokogu
24-bit

Re: Are you the original owner of your retro systems?

by Rokogu Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Im the original owner of my PS2 too, i dont know if thats considered retro or not tho
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:16 am

No. I'm cheap bastard and buy everything used. And before I was old enough to get a job, I traded in the systems I owned towards my next console.

The only system I own that I can claim original owner on is my Nintendo Wii, and that's only because my awesome wife bought it for me for Christmas one year.

The last system before the Wii that I got brand-new was my original Playstation, which was a birthday gift from my mom, I was about middle-school age at the time. And I nearly crapped my pants when I played Resident Evil 2 for the first time (which was one of the games I received with it). The PS1 I have now, is not the same one.

I also got my NES brand-new for a Christmas gift when I was about 6 or 7 years old. That's the beauty that made me fall in love with gaming. The NES I have now is not the same one, it would have been but when I sent it to a repair shop that claimed to replace 72-pin connectors, he damaged it and replaced it with a working unit.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
weaponepsilon
64-bit

by weaponepsilon Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Lets see if I can remember it all....it's been A LONG time....

Atari 7800- Got for my birthday as a kid
Sega Genesis 2, Sega CD 2, 32x - Birthday, Christmas, Target clearance, in that order.
Virtual Boy-Another Target Clearance
GameGear-Someone GAVE me a broken one and I sent it to SEGA who gave me a brand new replacement for $25.
Gameboy Color-Brand new from Gamestop when I worked there.
Saturn-Trade in special at Toys R Us when I bought a dozen games @ Funcoland for $20 and got $100 store credit at Toys R Us.
Playstation (original model)- same as Saturn.
Nintendo 64-Won in a drawing I entered because I declared, "I'll never buy an N64!"
Dreamcast- Worked at Gamestop. Sold the most preorders in the region, bought it 1 week later because someone traded an unopened DC. Technically a yes.
Atari Jaguar-Kaybee Toys clearance. $29.99.
Xbox-Purchased a year after its release.
PS2-Purchased a year after release.
GameCube- Bought a year after release. I think was the last BRAND NEW system I bought. Everything else have been a cloak and dagger operation of trading and industrial treachery.

Xbox 360-Technically yes. Got an ELITE in a trade that was unopened.

The last three were bought because the price was cut and they started cramming them with extras. Whats better, A crappy 1st gen thats more spendy and is bare bones or a refined 3rd gen thats cheaper and has more controllers and games?
Check out my Trade thread!
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16059

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 914 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:09 pm

A bump to a forgotten Thread, mine are buried a few pages back. Lets hear them stories!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Sasha_Blue
64-bit

by Sasha_Blue Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:57 am

I am the original owner of:

my N64 I got for christmas
Sega genesis, I still have it but it broke :(
A boxed gameboy color I still have
a SNES i also got as a kid for christmas
I have a top loader NES that I got for my birthday
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:07 am

Surprisingly, I am the original owner of most of my systems.

NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast (if that counts).

My original PS1 was borrowed and never returned, I have two now, both were bought used.
I have a second Dreamcast that is used, and a second Genesis that was used.
ApolloBoy
128-bit

by ApolloBoy Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:25 am

These are the only systems that I still own from when I was a kid:

NES top loader (which has since been AV modded, hard to believe I put up with those jailbars all those years)
SNES mini
Game Gear
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance

My C64 and VIC-20 were previously owned by my dad back in the day and passed on to me, so those are kind of in a gray area. Everything else I picked up within the last decade or so.
Own: 2600, 2DS, 2DS XL, 360 S, 5200, 7800, 800, 800XL, AES, Amiga 600, C64, C64C, CV, DC, Duo-R, GB, GBA, GBA SP, GBC, GBP, Genesis 2, GG, JP SMS, Lynx, Mark III, Mega CD II, MD, MSX2+, N64, NES, NES top loader, Nomad, PCE, PSX, PS2, RetroUSB AVS, SAT, SFC, SG-1000 II, SMS, SNES mini, Switch, TE, Twin Fami, VIC-20, Wii, XEGS
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:58 am

No, I'm not the original owner of any of my retro consoles anymore, with the only exception being the PS1.

Mega Drive - Was the original owner. Then it broke this year and was replaced.
GameCube - I sold this back in 2005. Rebought a second hand one in 2010.
Dreamcast - I was the original owner up until 2009. Then it broke and was replaced.
PS1 - Still the original owner.

Everything else I bought second hand (apart from modern systems - PS3 and Wii U.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:06 am

I sold my original Atari 2600 and NES to buy PC games in the mid 90's (which introduced me to Wing Commander and MechWarrior 2 so no regrets), though I later got two 2600s from my cousin and my uncle that I still have.

I have a Genesis that has always been mine and my Dreamcast and Gamecube have always been mine. My Game Boy Pocket and first model GBA were bought new too.

Every other old console I own was bought used.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for bumping this old thread, CRT.

I am the original owner of my Sega Genesis that I wrote about in this story:
My First Love
Return to General Gaming