Are you the original owner of your retro systems?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Upsidedown Fuji
32-bit

Re: Are you the original owner of your retro systems?

Post by Upsidedown Fuji »

Yes I am. I have a SEGA Saturn model 2 and a gameboy original, and a launch 1999 Dreamcast with orignal boxes and manuals.

I used to own a Sonic 1 bundled Genesis but I sold it to buy games for my Saturn back in the day. I regret that bigtime especially because I remember using that credit for buying Winter Heat and Steep Slope Sliders. Argh.
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

My GBC and my N64. The rest I got secondhand, most actually from Racketboy.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
Razzmatazz
64-bit

Post by Razzmatazz »

N64 i still have I got when it came out, well in 1998 with Goldeneye. Stil works a charm. My Mega Drive I bought off my mate who had it first hand. I have a silver slim PS2 from new, and my Gamecube is from new too. Dreamcast unfortunately broke in 2001 so have had to replace that with a used one. Oldest console I have is my grey brick Gameboy, I'm sure my Dad got it back in the early 90s, only ever had 3 games for it; Donkey Kong (still in it!), Pokemon Blue and Zelda: Links Awakening. In fact damn, I never realised how many incredible games the GB had/has. I need to get some more!
Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Check out my album reviews at the home of rap reviews, http://www.rapreviews.com (NEW SITE COMING 2015)
Josh
64-bit

Post by Josh »

SNES and Game Boy was my mom's. Grape N64 was mine. Everything else is either recent consoles bought, or used. Most of it is used.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

Oddly enough, I am only the original owner of my PlayStation 3. I bought my wife a Wii, she bought me my second PS2 after I gave my first to my father (we went halfsies on it), I bought her a pink DS that no one ever uses. Beyond that it would be my parents who purchased my Sega Genesis, Sega Master System and my Intellevision II (all of which I still have). My wife owned an SNES way before we met. Every other system (10 more in all) were bought second hand. The PS3 is the only one I bought, for myself, with my own money.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My original NES was thrown out after we had skunks in the basement that sprayed into the central air. Since at that point it had reached the "needs new connector" stage we decided to just throw it out. The SNES was saved from that. I kept that SNES until last year, when I purchased a custom painted SNES off Ebay (it's Samus vs. Kraid from Super Metroid) and sold my original SNES to a coworker. My Genesis (but not the addons) and my N64 are both original. My brother owned the Gamecube and the Dreamcast, so he kept those when I moved and I've purchased second-hand ones since coming to Seattle. All the other consoles prior to this generation are ones I've bought used. We were a Nintendo family so the Sega and Sony stuff I never got when they were in production, aside from the aforementioned Genesis, which I got as a Chanukah present around the time the Saturn came out and the price dropped (I wanted to play Shining Force II because it looked awesome in the GamePro article). On the handheld side my brother was the one who got those, so all my handhelds (aside from my DS fat and DSi) are ones I've purchased used from third parties. My brother's Game Boy broke (one of the battery springs broke off) and we lost the original GBC and GBA.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Original owner of NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation,N64, Dreamcast, and Gameboy Advance

Both of my Saturns are pre-owns.

I once had an original gameboy and an atari 2600. don't remember if they were pre-owns when I got them though
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

MrPopo wrote:My original NES was thrown out after we had skunks in the basement that sprayed into the central air.

Dude, I can't help but envy you. You obviously live in Toon Town.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:
MrPopo wrote:My original NES was thrown out after we had skunks in the basement that sprayed into the central air.

Dude, I can't help but envy you. You obviously live in Toon Town.

It was pretty terrible. Skunks get into the basement (they dug in) and my parents retreat to my Grandmother's house (I was at a summer camp at the time). Trapper comes in and he does a bad job, so they spray inside the cage and it gets sucked through the central air. We then spend the rest of the summer living in an apartment while the house is repainted and recarpeted on the inside, and we had to throw away a ton of stuff.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
saturnfan
128-bit

Post by saturnfan »

My Sega Saturn is an original owned system by me. Also my older brother owned an Atari 2600 and the Atari 7800, so those are originals in the sense that they have been the family since they were bought new. We also had an NES growing up however I am unaware if it was purchased new or second hand.

All of my other classic systems were purchased second hand by me.