Are you the original owner of your retro systems?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Riqz85
64-bit

Re: Are you the original owner of your retro systems?

Post by Riqz85 »

My SMS is my original. I sold my ps1 to buy my ps2 (still owned).

The game gear is another original i still own and play. Oh yeah and the gamecube.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

Growing up I had NES, N64 and Game Gear, out of those I only have my Game Gear.
My original NES and games got lost over the years, and I sold my N64 collection like an idiot, a mistake I will not make again.

My uncle Jim had Genesis and then eventually Saturn. I used to go to his house almost every weekend to game. He gave his Genesis and games away to a friend of his :-( but luckily I got the Saturn, which is my favourite console of all time, and I convinced him to buy Shining Force III back when it came out so I have a first hand copy of that :-)

My friend Steve and I used to game everyday in elementary school, and a few years ago he gave me his entire collection, which had an NES toploader, Genesis, Sega CD(dead) and a ton of games.

So besides my N64 and TG16 (and obviously my Wii) all the consoles I have I used to game with when I was a kid, and even though most of them weren't technically originally mine, I own them now, which kinda counts!
My SNES and PS1 actually belong to my girlfriend (original owner)
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I am the original owner of my 360 and Wii, that is it. I sold off my "retro" systems many times when I was younger. I think I am on my 5th or 6th NES, 3rd SNES and 3rd GB. I have probably owned 3 or 4 PS1s as well. I would just loose interest after so long and I did not pick up an interest in "retro" systems until Funco Land came long(R.I.P.).
Tullaian
8-bit

Post by Tullaian »

Original owner of an SNES, N64 and PS1 all still with original boxes and manuals. Original owner of a Gameboy pocket, Game Gear and GBA (clameshell, nes version) all without the boxes. Used to have an original NES in the box but somehow managed to lose the AC adapter and my mom gave it to the Salvation Army a few years ago.
zxqdms
32-bit

Post by zxqdms »

I'm the original owner of a Sega Genesis (model 2), Playstation (original version), Playstation 2 (fat version), Gamecube, Xbox 360, GB Color, and GBA. I still use all of these.

When I was a kid, I was the original owner of an SNES, Game Boy (original), and Game Gear. Stupidly, I sold those off. I had an NES as a kid, but I was not the original owner, we got it from some friend of my Dad. Then, we gave it away when we got an SNES (something I strongly disagreed with). I usually did not get systems when they first came out, I would wait a year or so until the prices dropped. I got the Sega Genesis really late in its life, the pack-in game was Sonic & Knuckles, which didn't come out until 1994.
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

Post by I Feel Asleep!! »

As for retro systems only, I was the original owner of my Gameboy, Gameboy Color, SNES, N64, PS1, and Dreamcast. The NES belonged to my dad originally and the Atari 2600 to my mom, and once they got tired of them they gave them over to me and my brothers.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Thanks for sharing guys! I guess this turned into a discussion about all of your systems. In that case I'm also the proud original owner of my PSP-1000 (firmware 1.0, JPN), PSP-3000GT, PS3 (JPN), 360 (JPN), PS2 Slim FFXII(JPN), PS2 Fat (US), DS Lite (JPN), DSi (JPN)...I think that's it.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Original owner of my:

NES
SMS
Genesis
Sega CD
PS
Game boy
Gameboy adv
Gameboy sp
Virtual Boy
wii
Ps2
Gamecube

edit* snes
Last edited by Luke on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

Since I'm not old enough to own most of the pre-2000 stuff, the only one got new is my GBA. I Still own it; beat up to hell and scratched up, but still works :D
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

I have never been the original owner of any video game system unless you count personal computers or the Dingoo.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii