Good history themed games?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Good history themed games?

Post by Ack »

skyknight wrote:That maybe the case for you, but for others, I think people just like the brainless fun playing the Warriors series; I mean how reviewers were critical of Devil Kings (or as it should be - Sangoku Basara) with its omission of Japanese historical reference than its cheesy gameplay?

Actually that's one of the reasons I feel Devil Kings is lacking when compared to Dynasty Warriors. And I like seeing some of those lesser generals turned into playable characters in the DW series. It's like they're getting a chance to shine and show how awesome they were.
DCAllAmerican
24-bit

Post by DCAllAmerican »

Shinobi is good from what I hear
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

Ack wrote:Actually that's one of the reasons I feel Devil Kings is lacking when compared to Dynasty Warriors. And I like seeing some of those lesser generals turned into playable characters in the DW series. It's like they're getting a chance to shine and show how awesome they were.

Well, there was a series that did so, but didn't gain much attention,

KESSEN!

Seriously, I want the folks of Koei Tecmo to get theirs asses back at work instead of chumming out Warriors after another; the first Kessen was more of a demo to show off PS2's graphics, but by Kessen3 it was a solid game. Of course, there are plenty of historical inaccuracies in the series (just skip Kessen 2!), but I would rather suggest this series over Warriors and Basara.