Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Josh
64-bit

Re: Nominate The Best Retro Sports Games

by Josh Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:33 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:Teleroboxer - Virtualboy

HUH?

To add to my post at the beginning, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu is a sports series, based on Baseball, for the Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, Playstations 1 and 2, Gamecube, Wii, PSP, DS, and iPhone. The only problem is, ALL of the games are Japan exclusives except for MLB Power Pros 2007 and 2008 for the PS2 and Wii. The games are, in my opinion, some of the finer games, and have a pretty good RPG mode.

Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Josh wrote:

HUH?

HUH? Have you not played teleroboxer? If not, do you like Punch Out? Do You like Robots? Do you like 3D? Are you not prone to headaches? If so then Teleroboxer is the game for you.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Josh wrote:

HUH?

To add to my post at the beginning, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu is a sports series, based on Baseball, for the Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, Playstations 1 and 2, Gamecube, Wii, PSP, DS, and iPhone. The only problem is, ALL of the games are Japan exclusives except for MLB Power Pros 2007 and 2008 for the PS2 and Wii. The games are, in my opinion, some of the finer games, and have a pretty good RPG mode.

wow those look awesome.

Hey guys what about Beach Spikers for Gamecube?
Josh
64-bit

by Josh Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:21 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:
Josh wrote:

HUH?

HUH? Have you not played teleroboxer? If not, do you like Punch Out? Do You like Robots? Do you like 3D? Are you not prone to headaches? If so then Teleroboxer is the game for you.

As soon as I can buy the 100 dollar virtual boy with a beat to hell box, I'll be sure to check it out. It actually doesn't seem that bad when you put it that way.

And Noise, there's also versions for the GBC and GBA, which I didn't realize. You can find some more info about the games here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jikkyou_Po ... Pro_Yakyuu
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Josh wrote:
And Noise, there's also versions for the GBC and GBA, which I didn't realize. You can find some more info about the games here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jikkyou_Po ... Pro_Yakyuu

OMG!!! Are they playable to non-Japanese reading people? Cuz if so I'ma jump on one of those carts!!!!
Wallzo

by Wallzo Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 pm

I still play Super Tennis on the SNES to this day. Fabulous game.
-
Josh
64-bit

by Josh Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:40 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Josh wrote:

OMG!!! Are they playable to non-Japanese reading people? Cuz if so I'ma jump on one of those carts!!!!

The language barrier is probably pretty large, but I'm sure it'd be good for actual baseball. If you really want to play the RPG mode, get the only localized versions on the PS2 or Wii. Pretty solid time spent on it and highly addicting when it comes to creating a player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Pro_ ... ket_series
Article on the handheld games.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Josh wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
Josh wrote:

The language barrier is probably pretty large, but I'm sure it'd be good for actual baseball. If you really want to play the RPG mode, get the only localized versions on the PS2 or Wii. Pretty solid time spent on it and highly addicting when it comes to creating a player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Pro_ ... ket_series
Article on the handheld games.

i also have this game (for N64). yes, the hype is true. 8)
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
LiL-mAc
24-bit

by LiL-mAc Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Mike Tyson Punch Out (NES)
Punch Out (NES)
Super Punch Out (SNES)
"I can't win, Doc!" "Yes you can, Mac!"