Nominate Games for Expansion of SNES Hidden Gems

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Droid party
Next-Gen

Re: Nominate Games for Expansion of SNES Hidden Gems

Post by Droid party »

For the Sports/Racing/Flying section I'd like to throw in Biker Mice From Mars. I loved the hell out of that game.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

Ardy Lightfoot would be a good add to SNES rpgs. Run'n'guns B.O.B and Front Mission: Gun Hazard would be a good add. I also agree with Hagane
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons.

This is one of the most open-ended experiences you can have on the SNES. You choose your character at the beginning, and you can specialize in trade, exploration, or war. It's an amazing mix of RPG and resource management.
KillemallCFH
32-bit

Post by KillemallCFH »

Phantom 2040 is a very overlooked platformer that was surprisingly good. Its biggest flaw (which is honestly the biggest reason I haven't played more of it) is that the password is a whopping 48 characters long.
I'm known as ZebetiteGlitch or Zeza Von Thantos on other platforms.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

How about the super scope game Battle Clash and its sequel Metal Combat? Its as close to punch-out as you'll get with robots and bazookas, and they were also by intelligent systems, if you want a token of their quality.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Gamerforlife wrote:I'm going to show my bias here with two games I love and own as well

The Adventures of Batman and Robin - If I summed up why it should be chosen in one sentence, I would say because it is the best 2-d Batman game period! It's also the second best Batman game behind Batman:Arkham Asylum. It perfectly captured every aspect of the Batman Animated series from the look, to the sound to even the themes of the stages which borrowed heavily from actual episodes of the show. Konami seems known more for Batman Returns but this was an even better Batman game from them. The Sega Genesis version from Sega also seems to get more recognition despite Konami's SNES version being far more faithful to both the show and to Batman's character in general. Given how often people used to say that there were never any good Batman games prior to the release of Batman Arkham Asylum, I think this game really deserves a spotlight. The animated series was highly acclaimed for being such an excellent representation of Batman and the game does it justice. It's also one of the most beautful games on the SNES capturing the look of the show perfectly and having excellent animation. It's right up there with the Sega Genesis version of Aladdin for perfectly capturing the look and feel of its license.

Argues that the Genesis game was better..... :?
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I have to mention Equinox a platform/puzzler/action/rpg.Also love shadowrun..
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:I'm going to show my bias here with two games I love and own as well

The Adventures of Batman and Robin - If I summed up why it should be chosen in one sentence, I would say because it is the best 2-d Batman game period! It's also the second best Batman game behind Batman:Arkham Asylum. It perfectly captured every aspect of the Batman Animated series from the look, to the sound to even the themes of the stages which borrowed heavily from actual episodes of the show. Konami seems known more for Batman Returns but this was an even better Batman game from them. The Sega Genesis version from Sega also seems to get more recognition despite Konami's SNES version being far more faithful to both the show and to Batman's character in general. Given how often people used to say that there were never any good Batman games prior to the release of Batman Arkham Asylum, I think this game really deserves a spotlight. The animated series was highly acclaimed for being such an excellent representation of Batman and the game does it justice. It's also one of the most beautful games on the SNES capturing the look of the show perfectly and having excellent animation. It's right up there with the Sega Genesis version of Aladdin for perfectly capturing the look and feel of its license.

?????

Not sure what you mean, I said the SNES version of Batman and Robin was better than the Genesis version of Batman and Robin, and also better than Konami's Batman Returns on the SNES.

I like Batman and Robin on the Genesis though. I just wish it actually had anything to do with Batman. It's really just a great run and gun game that happens to have Batman sprites in it. It's actually kind of ironic that someone make a run and gun about a character who hates guns, but I guess it's okay because he's throwing batarangs. I just don't know where he gets that limitless supply or the ability to throw them one after the other in rapid fire :lol:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Gamerforlife wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:

?????

Not sure what you mean, I said the SNES version of Batman and Robin was better than the Genesis version of Batman and Robin, and also better than Konami's Batman Returns on the SNES.

I like Batman and Robin on the Genesis though. I just wish it actually had anything to do with Batman. It's really just a great run and gun game that happens to have Batman sprites in it. It's actually kind of ironic that someone make a run and gun about a character who hates guns, but I guess it's okay because he's throwing batarangs. I just don't know where he gets that limitless supply or the ability to throw them one after the other in rapid fire :lol:

Heh, true, but i just seem to prefer the Genny version in terms of gameplay and the SNES version stands out for it's accurate representation of the series.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

KillemallCFH wrote:Phantom 2040 is a very overlooked platformer that was surprisingly good. Its biggest flaw (which is honestly the biggest reason I haven't played more of it) is that the password is a whopping 48 characters long.

Phantom 2040 has its own article on Racketboy already.