This or that? The ultimate game decision thread!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Tercoil
24-bit

Re: This or that? The ultimate game decision thread!

Post by Tercoil »

Shin Daisuke wrote:Starting a Neo Geo Pocket Color collection or a Wonderswan/SwanCrystal one?

i'd defs go for the ngpc! i love mine and there is something orgasmic about the joystick which you cant get anywhere else! also the benefit of english games helps and the ease of finding the majority of the good games in either english or jap (a lot of the fighters are cheaper in japanese and it doesnt matter much with the fighters haha)
Mozgus wrote:
aaron wrote:hit it and quit it. i am certain mozgus is correct.

The problem with that advice is that the "quit it" portion of the process becomes much more complicated after the "hit it" maneuver has been completed. Much easier to "quit it" before all else.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

lisalover1 wrote:
FAT PRINCESS. [Anybody who says otherwise has no soul.]

Joe Danger has soul in spades, and is probably one of the best PSN games period. It also rates an 86/87 on Metacritic/GameRankings, Fat Princess is a 79/80. I'd say both are worth getting, but get JD if you must have one.
ujnhunter
64-bit

Post by ujnhunter »

D
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Fat Princess
Metal Slug 2
Dead Rising
GamerMON
Next-Gen

Post by GamerMON »

ThrashOmen wrote:For saturn:
Marvel vs. SF

For 360:
Left 4 Dead 2

For Neo Geo:
You'll get both and you're just going to deal with that.

For me?

PSX:
Soul Blade or Bloody Roar?
Twisted Metal 2 or Vigilante 8?

Genesis:
Sub-Terrania or Sol-Deace?
Contra Hard Corps or Gunstar Heroes?

And for the record, I already have all those games haha. Am I misunderstanding this thread? It's fun regardless :)

I would get Bloody Roar and Vigilante 8 mainly because the others had series that lived on.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Never played D or Lunacy, D sounds more interesting though

Marvel Superheroes, just because I love using Psylocke and I think the gems added something interesting to the gameplay as well. From what I've heard X-Men vs Streetfighter is a slightly better port though

Pocket Fighters, just because I don't really care for Tetris style puzzle games

Neither Joe Danger or Fat Princess sound even remotely interesting to me, so I'd say pick something else

Metal Slug or Metal Slug 2? Hmmm, I'm going to say Metal Slug 2

Dead Rising gets my vote. To be fair, I haven't played any Left 4 Dead game due to my general lack of interest in multi-player games

EDIT: My bad on Marvel Super Heroes, you meant MSH vs SF. I'd go with X-Men vs Street Fighter
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Tercoil wrote:
Shin Daisuke wrote:Starting a Neo Geo Pocket Color collection or a Wonderswan/SwanCrystal one?

i'd defs go for the ngpc! i love mine and there is something orgasmic about the joystick which you cant get anywhere else! also the benefit of english games helps and the ease of finding the majority of the good games in either english or jap (a lot of the fighters are cheaper in japanese and it doesnt matter much with the fighters haha)

I completely agree; the Neo Geo Pocket Color is one of the most satisfying systems to collect for, due to its great joystick and the high percentage of great games. I have a fairly big collection for the system, as well as a flash cart for it.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
BlackDS
Next-Gen

Post by BlackDS »

Great question.
I would have to say NGPC just because I know very little about the Wonderswan.
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373