~What was the name of that game?? Help a girl out!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

~What was the name of that game?? Help a girl out!

Post by I Feel Asleep!! »

Forgive me if this is the wrong section to post in, or if there exists another post like this for finding forgotten games...But I have been trying to identify a game I remember faintly from when I was younger that I have since been very interested in finding and playing for myself. I haven't seen or heard anything at all about this game since I first heard of it on Extended Play, but it obviously stuck in my mind. However, I don't know the name of the game, the developer, or what console it's on. Pretty lame, right? Here is what I DO know:

The game is about a Japanese family who experiences some really weird s##t , a bunch of weird scenarios, one of which includes a giant monster attacking a Japanese city if I remember correctly. The father is a business man but I can't remember about the other family members

The game was featured in a review on Extended Play (Yes, some of you may know this as the former title of the current X Play on G4TV) back in the day, and as I recall they seemed to like it for its quirkyness. humor, and very different style of gameplay. I think they said it was too short though

The game LOOKS like it might be for the Dreamcast, but I'm not sure. Perhaps an earlier game for the console. Characters looked kinda fuzzy and blocky

I don't remember ANYTHING else about the game. Does anybody know what game I'm talking about? Any information on it would be much appreciated. Cheers!
loganm187
32-bit

Re: ~What was the name of that game?? Help a girl out!

Post by loganm187 »

I believe you are discussing the playstation game "incredible crisis"
Hateshinai
128-bit

Post by Hateshinai »

Sounds like Incredible Crisis to me as well
Mostly harmless
Gnashvar
128-bit

Post by Gnashvar »

I have never heard of the game so I decided to check out some videos on YouTube. Seems like a cool game with some really funny momments :lol: Reminds me of the Wario Ware games.
Thanks everyone...
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

Ahh, that's the one! Thanks! Any of you guys play it before?
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

I've been wanting to play this game since I first heard about it. Sounds really hilarious.
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
Riqz85
64-bit

Post by Riqz85 »

This reminded me of a videogame demo i once played on the playstation but can't remember the name.

It was VERY japanese. You had to plot a course with your player (maybe a robot,or a domino figure) and if you did the correct stuff it would trigger scenes around the house...

Can anyone help?
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

You're not thinking of Chibi Robo are ya? I'm probably wrong...
Riqz85
64-bit

Post by Riqz85 »

nah not chibi robo.

I remember you playing as a domino of sorts and you followed a preset route. If you smashed against the right buttons the first time round, the second time round might trigger something else, same thing with the third time round. Then if you triggered enough weird japanese face cutscenes you would go to another level...

It was pretty amazing actually and i now need to know what the game was!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

PS1 - Noone can stop Mr Domino?

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425