15 Games the Critics got Wrong

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
weasels
Next-Gen

Re: 15 Games the Critics got Wrong

Post by weasels »

csvo2000 wrote:Definately Beyond Good And Evil deserves better. What an great game... What ever happened with the second part I saw a blurb on the GameStop magazine.

i think they said they were having a small break on making it. the last thing they showed was a trailer ways back. there really hasn't been much mention on it since unfortunately.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Replica wrote:I know I'll catch some grief for this but I really dislike Nights. I don't know what all the rage is about. Has an 8.9 score. I'd give it a 5 or so.

I wouldn't give it a 5, but about 8 for both it and SM64. I'd give Jumping Flash a 9 because it was the first real 3D platformer, afaik.

This numeral rating system is boring. I wish there was something else that we can rate games according to their own time frame.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

weasels wrote:
csvo2000 wrote:Definately Beyond Good And Evil deserves better. What an great game... What ever happened with the second part I saw a blurb on the GameStop magazine.

i think they said they were having a small break on making it. the last thing they showed was a trailer ways back. there really hasn't been much mention on it since unfortunately.

Somehow I doubt most members visit other forum sections on racketboy at all :lol:
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Pulsar_t wrote:
Somehow I doubt most members visit other forum sections on racketboy at all :lol:

I've been very guilty of this lately.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

bobbynewmarkiii wrote:I didn't want to derail Pulsar_t's thread, so thought I had
15 Super Mario 64 DS (metacritic score 64; my score 8 )

:D

Super Mario 64 DS got a metacritic score of 85, not 64...

Mine =

1. D2 [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 6.5; my score 7.5)
2. Shining Wisdom [Saturn] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 7.5)
3. Eternal Champions [Megadrive/Genesis] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 7.5)
4. Light Crusader [Megadrive/Genesis] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 8 )
5. Ultimate Fighting Championship [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 8.8; my score 6.5)
6. Sword of the Berserk [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 7.4; my score 8 )
7. Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 5.1; my score 6.5)

Ahh I give up, I can't think of any more sorry.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

1. Chibi Robo - Metacritic score - 75, My score - 95

Yeah, thats all i'm gonna post for now.

On the subject of beyond good and evil, a score in the mid 80s is not a bad score, especially on metacritic. Theres always some detractors who drag the score down. Personally I agree with the mid 80s rating though, so perhaps im beng biased here.
thekorean12
24-bit

Post by thekorean12 »

bobbynewmarkiii wrote:13 Peggle XBLA (metacritic score 89; my score 5)

Peggle just takes your soul... and doesn't give it back until you have completed the game.
My life for Aiur.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

I'm kind of surprised how many people are posting a game that they think the critics got wrong, and then give their own score and it's only 10% more than the metacritic score. If you're that close, you're probably within a standard deviation of the score distribution.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Reprise wrote:Mine =

1. D2 [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 6.5; my score 7.5)
2. Shining Wisdom [Saturn] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 7.5)
3. Eternal Champions [Megadrive/Genesis] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 7.5)
4. Light Crusader [Megadrive/Genesis] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 8 )
5. Ultimate Fighting Championship [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 8.8; my score 6.5)
6. Sword of the Berserk [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 7.4; my score 8 )
7. Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 5.1; my score 6.5)

Ahh I give up, I can't think of any more sorry.

You do realise Gamespot were always biased against the Dreamcast?

Limewater wrote:I'm kind of surprised how many people are posting a game that they think the critics got wrong, and then give their own score and it's only 10% more than the metacritic score. If you're that close, you're probably within a standard deviation of the score distribution.

Which is why the OP should have set a clear criterion. A reviewer giving a clearly good game a 3/10 is a travesty but the jump from 7 to 8 is almost meaningless. But then again those numbers mean different things to different people.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

weasels wrote:5. seriously they gave the gba version before it an 8! and besides looks, there wasn't much different to the port! why so low then?

Because gamespot employs more than one reviewer.