15 Games the Critics got Wrong

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: 15 Games the Critics got Wrong

Post by Reprise »

Pulsar_t wrote:
Reprise wrote:Mine =

1. D2 [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 6.5; my score 7.5)
2. Shining Wisdom [Saturn] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 7.5)
3. Eternal Champions [Megadrive/Genesis] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 7.5)
4. Light Crusader [Megadrive/Genesis] (gamespot score 6.6; my score 8 )
5. Ultimate Fighting Championship [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 8.8; my score 6.5)
6. Sword of the Berserk [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 7.4; my score 8 )
7. Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern [Dreamcast] (gamespot score 5.1; my score 6.5)

Ahh I give up, I can't think of any more sorry.

You do realise Gamespot were always biased against the Dreamcast?

I was taking the 'meta' score from gamespot, not the actual review scores given by gamespot. Sorry I should have made that clear. I would use metacritic, but they don't have a whole bunch of games listed.

Limewater wrote:I'm kind of surprised how many people are posting a game that they think the critics got wrong, and then give their own score and it's only 10% more than the metacritic score. If you're that close, you're probably within a standard deviation of the score distribution.

As for this argument, I agree to be honest. But I really cannot think of any games that critics universally shat on, but I loved. Nor can I really think of any games that were almost universally loved by critics, but I hated. Maybe if I think or look harder I'll find something though.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

AppleQueso wrote:
weasels wrote:5. seriously they gave the gba version before it an 8! and besides looks, there wasn't much different to the port! why so low then?

Because gamespot employs more than one reviewer.

yeah i realize this..but still i hate their inconsistency! at least give the assignment to the person who did the last review...and if they are gone, then give it to someone who actually takes interest into the type of game. i have a feeling the reviewer does not like tactics games or card type hybrids.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Thought of another one...

XIII [Gamecube] (gamespot meta score 6.4; my score 8 )
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328