Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Re: Retro Game Store Directory

Post by lisalover1 »

AwesomeMonstar wrote:A number of those gametraders in Louisiana have closed.... and good riddance to many of them. A torn label, cartridge only mega man x3 going for 120 dollars. That's terrible.

Also there's a play n trade right across the street from me.
5300 Tchoupitoulas St
New Orleans, LA 70115-1936

Do you know which ones did shut down? It would be great if we could keep the list current. Also, ouch on that Mega Man game. :shock:
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

Post by t0yrobo »

lisalover1 wrote:
t0yrobo wrote:I started a map awhile back for the Michigan area since A) it's almost entirely unrepresented on the digital press map B) their map has so much on it that it's difficult to use. I haven't messed with it in a long time, I'll have add some of the stuff posted here to it. I know there's a couple I don't have yet. If anyone wants to add to it they should be able to, I think you may need a google account to do it. It's set to open collaboration so it's possible, I've just never tried to do it myself.
http://tinyurl.com/miretrogamemap

You don't mind if I add these to the list? Also, I still haven't figured out how to add to a map.

Go right ahead, we can just turn it into a racketboy-centric map since most people would just be going to google maps to look these up anyways. I just don't want it to turn into a unwieldy monster to navigate, splitting it up into regions would probably be enough to avoid that. Of course the list here isn't that big yet so I'm not concerned.

To add stuff log into a google account, go to the map, then look up an address. To add it to the map either click the drop down menu next to the entry on the left pane, and choose "save to", or click the marker on the map and choose "save to". Hopefully that makes sense.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Thank you, I'm in the process of adding a few to your map, but hopefully, we can keep this list going, too. I'm not sure I did it right, though, there's a ton of irrelevant stuff on the map now...
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I don't mean to be rude, but I think this topic would be a lot more useful if it was stickied.
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

Sweden

GameShop AB
Råsundav 157
169 36 SOLNA (Stockholm)

Kapten Krok
Gamla Tuvevägen 520
417 05 GÖTEBORG (Gothenburg)

not sure how useful these are, but if anyone's ever in Sweden...?

=)
C-64 will never die
- only the players
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

Read this, the other retro video game store thread. It has quite a few you can add to your list, plus I don't feel like typing all of my stores again.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14800&hilit=video+game+store
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Video Game Exchange
Plaistow, NH
(603) 382-3700
http://www.videogamexch.com/

This is not the chain store video game exchange it is an indy store and they have a TON of shit. A little pricey though.

They also set up a booth at the Salem flea market on weekends which by the way has two other decently sized retro game sellers.

Also Welfare Records in Haverhill, Ma has a small retro video game room in the back.

There is also a Play N Trade in Londonderry, NH.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Texas

Manuel's Nintendo Games
1509 South 14th Street
Abilene, TX 79602-3679
(325) 437-5407

(got a decent selection, but somewhat inflated prices on most things. He's not too terribly knowledgeable though and on more than one occasion I've spotted a game that was worth far more than what he was selling them for.)

The Crossing Indoor Flea Market
1505 South 14th Street
Abilene, TX 79602-3639
(325) 672-5325

(right next door to the above. Technically not a video game store per-se, but they have multiple booths selling video game stuff, both of which, while also occasionally have inflated prices, are much better than the above store and sometimes even have some pretty good/reasonable deals.)

Play N Trade
3226 South Clack Street
Abilene, TX 79606-2208
(325) 698-4263

(Big store, lots of room, decent selection, prices are inflated on some things, pretty damn good on others. Just opened early this year.)

...that's all I can think of really. This town isn't terribly huge. There was one other place I was going to list, but they're kind of a retro-store has-been and while they have good prices, their selection is nonexistent.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

My toy store. :mrgreen: Site doesn't show all the accessories in stock though.

http://www.lunavideogames.com/
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425