Retro Game Store Directory

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Retro Game Store Directory

Post by Stark »

Such a great thread, thanks lisalover1!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Stark wrote:Such a great thread, thanks lisalover1!

Now that I'm on spring break, I may have time to make some major updates to the companion Google Map. Not making any promises, but I'll see what I can do. :)
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Nitman99
8-bit

Post by Nitman99 »

Can anyone fill me in on why the CD/Game Exchanges in MD were delisted? I haven't been there in awhile and I know they recently changed their name to The Record Exchange but they still sell games as far as I know.

And why no Utah representation? I'll put two I've found:

Play N Trade
248 E University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058
(801) 949-7507

Recently changed to this location but pretty close to where they were before. Selection is pretty good, I always see something I'm impressed by, and they have some slightly more obscure stuff, eg anything Sega, Virtual Boy etc. Like any Play N Trade though they are extremely overpriced; that said I still get some use out of them for handheld games. These are priced pretty fairly and they have quite a few boxed Game Boy games.

Mario's House of Video Games
1200 Towne Centre Blvd.
Provo, Utah 84601
(801) 494-0020

Just discovered this store today. For as small as it is they have a pretty impressive selection for the systems they do carry, that said they only carry the most mainstream. Retail prices but at least it's not exorbitant like Play N Trade.
Retronick
8-bit

Post by Retronick »

Game Zone
270 Essex St, Salem, MA 01970
Salem, Massachusetts
978-744-2630

I went to Salem seeking witches, and I ended up finding a mammoth cache of vintage games instead! They don't have a website, but I did a whole post on the joint in my blog if anyone's interested (not putting the link here, I don't want this post to get "spammy").

Great store though! Take my word for it.

There's also a retro games kiosk in the Mall of America called...
Hi - Score Video Games

Really cool place, got copies of Dune & Megarace for the Sega CD while I was there.
JsGameRoom
64-bit

Post by JsGameRoom »

Literally nothing in South Florida other than play n trade.

And screw them..there Retro game collection is at like 20 games. It's usually me hitting flea markets
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

I don't know how stores get a +1 rating but I went to one of the stores listed on this list called "Game Dude". An amazing store with games for just about every single system. Download a price list from their site before you go and mark some games down that you want to buy and save your self some time. Their friendly gamer staff will help you find everything. Because its on the list doesn't mean they have it! Some games are over market value but a few are under valued, so do your research.

Did I mention it is huge? Any retro gamer will be immediately over whelmed! Great store, wish we had something even close to that in the Northwest. :mrgreen:
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Mechblue wrote:I don't know how stores get a +1 rating

You just say "+1 for X game store."
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Mechblue wrote:I don't know how stores get a +1 rating but I went to one of the stores listed on this list called "Game Dude". An amazing store with games for just about every single system. Download a price list from their site before you go and mark some games down that you want to buy and save your self some time. Their friendly gamer staff will help you find everything. Because its on the list doesn't mean they have it! Some games are over market value but a few are under valued, so do your research.

Did I mention it is huge? Any retro gamer will be immediately over whelmed! Great store, wish we had something even close to that in the Northwest. :mrgreen:

I've definitely seen better prices on a lot of those games at my local retro gaming store... but holy crap that's a good selection.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

GameMasterGuy wrote:I've definitely seen better prices on a lot of those games at my local retro gaming store... but holy crap that's a good selection.

Yeah, some over market value prices here and there but at the same time they under value some items. They have a great selection and the largest collection of Game Gear games i've ever seen.

The lists are impressive but there's no guarantee those games are there at the store.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

d&d game world
5309 lincoln hwy
thomasville, pa 17364
717-350-2773
Don't waste your time unless you want over priced common or reproduction games.
This is a small stall in a flea market. The owner wants 30. for a ds game that you can buy new for 15.00