prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Retro Game Store Directory

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

There is yet another vintage video game store in my neighborhood:

Retro Reboot
315 Main Street, Suite 4
Pineville, NC 28134

Its prices are very good. I will definitely visit it whenever I am that part of town.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Game Pros: +1 Rating
1416 Mitchell Road #b
Modesto, CA 95351
(209) 204-6632

Sad to report that this place has been closed since January. The owner is dealing with some personal things, but says that the store is only temporarily closed, and that he is looking forward to having the shop open again as soon as possible.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is yet another vintage video game store in my neighborhood:

Retro Reboot
315 Main Street, Suite 4
Pineville, NC 28134

Its prices are very good. I will definitely visit it whenever I am that part of town.

I was wondering about that one because it's close to the carolina place mall last I checked...but I think I saw their n64 prices and I was out...of course I was looking online and it may've been the wrong website(becuase who knows how many retro stores use that title... :roll: )
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I was finally able to visit J2Games in Buford, GA. Prices were fair to high. The selection however was very good. They had a really impressive amount of imports. I was surprised to see a healthy amount of TG16/PC-Engine titles. I was tempted to buy Capcom Generation 1 at $19.99 but I passed and left without getting anything. Another thing of note is that many of the cartridge based games are in Universal Game Cases/DS cases with artwork. Whenever I'm in the area again I will certainly stop by.

Also I was informed of another store in GA that is not on the list. I will scope it out as soon as I am able.

Wizards Video Games
333 Shallowford Rd NW
Suite B
Gainesville, Georgia 30504
(678) 971-4401
https://www.facebook.com/WizardsVideoGames
http://www.wizardsvideogames.com/
driph
24-bit

Post by driph »

Updates for Las Vegas, Nevada!

GameWorld has moved, here's their new address:

4620 Meadows Lane
Las Vegas, NV. 89107

I believe the Nellis location of A Gamer's Paradise has closed. Tropicana location is going strong and has expanded.

Here's another for the list:

Game Repair
3250 N Tenaya Way
Ste 107
Las Vegas, NV 89129
http://gamerepair.com/
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

bmoc wrote:Also I was informed of another store in GA that is not on the list. I will scope it out as soon as I am able.

Wizards Video Games
333 Shallowford Rd NW
Suite B
Gainesville, Georgia 30504
(678) 971-4401
https://www.facebook.com/WizardsVideoGames
http://www.wizardsvideogames.com/

I was able to stop by Wizards Video Games today. The staff was friendly but not pushy. Prices were reasonable but there was the standard brick & mortar store high markup for in-demand RPGs and first party Nintendo titles. I left with a copy of of Madden for Sega Saturn for $1 (I needed a replacement case) and Project X Zone for $18. I didn't see anything for the more obscure consoles like TG16 nor did I see any imports. Overall I was very pleased with the store and likely would have purchased more if I had the funds. I'll give them a +1.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Disc Replay
11508 Middlebelt Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
(734) 743-5383

Two words.

Saturn Games.

This place was very well priced, only a couple bucks above the average ebay prices, with the exception of the big name titles like Final Fantasy.

What this game does, though, is make up for it in awesome prices on Saturn games. We are talking $25 complete Enemy Zero, Guardian Heroes missing a manual for $50 and tons of awesomely shitty Sega CD games.

The store had everything, it had Virtual Boy, TurboGraffix 16, Dreamcast..you name it...they had it. My only real gripe with the store was it's lack of complete NES, Sega Genesis and N64 games. Also, it had very little selection for Gamecube. Everything else though was filled to the gills with good stuff. Every visit seemed to have something new. One day, they only had said Enemy Zero for Saturn stuff. The next week, it had roughly 20 games for the system.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Bull Moose Music in Maine is such a cool store. Went there the other day and picked up some nice wooden toy cars/trucks for my nephew ($10 set), some Ladybug Girl books for my daughter and niece ($4 each), a Metroid Prime/Fusion strategy guide ($5) and a Dragon Age II strategy guide ($2.50).
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Greenville, SC
1Up Video Games
https://www.facebook.com/1upvideogamesgreenville

Just gave the place a quick look. Not much Saturn games, which was what I was mainly looking for at the time, but they are fairly new and not part of a chain so it might take them awhile to build steam. The owner is pretty cool, though.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Retro Game Store Directory

Post by Kidpanda »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is yet another vintage video game store in my neighborhood:

Retro Reboot
315 Main Street, Suite 4
Pineville, NC 28134

Retro Reboot is only about 10 mins from my house, the owner is awesome.....the other guy I end up dealing with is not. Guy is always watching Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments and when I ask for a price for a game in the case, it seems its a chore for him to get up and look the price up. Why are the games in the cases sometimes not even priced? I get pissed when a store does that. Owner rocks though, he's a Transformer nut first and foremost. Speaking of, I need to go and talk to him so I can recap his monitor for his SFII machine he has in the back room.