Retro Game Store Directory

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: Retro Game Store Directory

Post by KalessinDB »

Ugh the not-pricing thing is the worst. There's a semi-local chain near me that does that sometimes, and even one-ups THAT:

They'll have items (usually obscure systems) in the case with stuff that's for sale, and not only will it not be priced, it's not for sale. Like... why are you putting this in the same case with things that ARE for sale then? Drove me crazy back when I was in hyper-collect mode on systems. At this point I have everything I want and a few that I don't :lol: so I no longer care.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Gr4nt0

Post by Gr4nt0 »

I love The Thrift Store in Santa Barbara (Goleta), California!

The Thrift Store
5860 Hollister Ave Suite C
Goleta, California 93117

that's where I learned about you guys!
gamezonesalem.com

Post by gamezonesalem.com »

GameZone
Salem Massachusetts
gamezonesalem.com
270 Essex St, Salem, MA 01970
(978) 744-2630
SRDeacon2036

Post by SRDeacon2036 »

Kinda surprised this store isn't on the list already. Good selection, they have arcade games in store and they're at MagFest this year.

Save Point
400 N Center St Suite 155 (In the Westminster Town Mall)
Westminster, MD 21157
Early to bed and early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner
The only known cure for West Coast Vegetable Worship Cults is Layla by Derek and The Dominos
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

The Kirkland Play n Trade closed down a few months ago, so you might want to remove it...
Still bummed about that since the store was awesome :(
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

laurenhiya21 wrote:The Kirkland Play n Trade closed down a few months ago, so you might want to remove it...

There's still plenty down here though, Amazing Heroes is pretty close to where that Play n' Trade was and we have a Pink Gorilla down in Bellevue and on the other side of the water down in Northgate there's a place as well. Plus even closer to you is that Reset Games up in Bellingham.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Stark wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:The Kirkland Play n Trade closed down a few months ago, so you might want to remove it...

There's still plenty down here though, Amazing Heroes is pretty close to where that Play n' Trade was and we have a Pink Gorilla down in Bellevue and on the other side of the water down in Northgate there's a place as well. Plus even closer to you is that Reset Games up in Bellingham.
I know there are still good ones around, but it's still kind of sad since Play n Trade was my favorite in the area (good prices, really nice staff, very close to my bf's house, and trying out the games was really nice).

Haven't been to Amazing Heroes so I'll have to check that one out (although I've heard some bad things about them). Pink Gorilla is pretty good and it's probably my new favorite in that area, but Reset Games is a bit far unfortunately. I don't have a car, so when I'm in the States, I'm in the Seattle area visiting my bf haha. But I really appreciate the suggestions :)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

GameSwap in Lincolnton has moved. Its current address is:

112 NE Ct. Square
Lincolnton, NC

The new location is much better. It has an excellent selection and good prices.
lifesun2001

Post by lifesun2001 »

I found out about Retro Taku in Madison Heights, Michigan from this site. It has a +1 rating here and several YouTube videos give the store high praise. However, I believe that these ratings were from a time when the store first opened its doors. I stopped by this past weekend as I was in the area visiting family (I live 2 hours away) and I was not too impressed.

CONS
*The store is very small and is difficult to navigate without knocking things over.
*Selection is not great, in fact they did not have anything that I was specifically looking for including a NES Zapper or original controller, only reproductions. I had a list of about 20-25 NES/SNES/Genesis games I was looking for, nothing rare, and they didn't have any on my list.
*The store was not very clean, there was garbage piled up on and behind the counter.
*Not very well organized, there were bins of loose game carts on the floor you had to dump out to look at, import games were mixed in with US titles, and more expensive items locked up in the cases were hard to see with no lighting and some games had things laying over top.

PROS
*Staff were polite and helpful.
*Trade-in value was pretty good, as long as you use store credit.
*Pretty easy to get to and from the store, especially for being a busy area.

All in all I was a little disappointed based on what I had read and watched on Youtube. Going back to the early store photos posted on their FaceBook page, I could see how much the store had changed since the videos were posted. I think that if you live near the store it is still worth checking out, however, I wouldn't have been happy driving 2 hours if I hadn't had other business to take care of in the area.
Daningitup

Post by Daningitup »

You might like to add
Console King Repairs to your retro supplier’s data base:

Console King Repairs,
52 Market Hall, King Square Centre,
West Bromwich B70 7NW
United Kingdom
Near Iceland & Charlie Browns
(Parking on Morrison's B70 7QU)

Face book Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Gamekingrepairs?ref=hl

The Guys name Is Paul and he buys and sells Retro/old skool items going back as far as Sega Master System ones.
He also buys sells and repairs modern consoles and games. Check out the Facebook page.