I really really hate MMORPGs

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
blackmagepwns
32-bit

Re: I really really hate MMORPGs

Post by blackmagepwns »

Geez, I didn't realize there was so much MMO hate out there.

And hate is such a strong word guys, come on.
Ack

Post by Ack »

blackmagepwns wrote:Geez, I didn't realize there was so much MMO hate out there.

Actually, we've had discussions like this before. There's a lot of opposition to multiplayer in general here.
DJSakuraba
16-bit

Post by DJSakuraba »

Ack wrote:
blackmagepwns wrote:Geez, I didn't realize there was so much MMO hate out there.

Actually, we've had discussions like this before. There's a lot of opposition to multiplayer in general here.

Why do people hate multiplayer? Also, mmorpgs are kinda of a love it or hate it thing in my opinion.
Made by the Talented MrAfterFx, Thanks man!
ujnhunter
64-bit

Post by ujnhunter »

"Why do they exist?" They exist because they are like a drug to a lot of people and companies can keep charging over and over for that drug... they make a lot of money. I personally wouldn't ever play a MMORPG because I don't like to pay for things over and over.
wakeup
32-bit

Post by wakeup »

I love multiplayer.

Pretty much anything with multiplayer functions added is good.

Eventhough MMORPG is RPG with multiplayer function added, they also changed gameplay, objectives of the game (pretty much everyone I know who plays MMORPG's objective in the game is to collect "rare" items and to be the very best, like no one ever was), eliminated the existence of a story and plot, etc. Hence, I don't like MMORPG.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

DJSakuraba wrote:
Ack wrote:

Why do people hate multiplayer? Also, mmorpgs are kinda of a love it or hate it thing in my opinion.

Most of us are older, from the generation where gamer == social outcast. We still have some of that mysanthropy deep down, so the idea of seeking out multiplayer is kind of weird to us.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

Ack wrote:Ultima Online - I got all the equipment I wanted(black robe, skull helm, Chaos shield) and bought the biggest boat I could find. I then sailed off into the sunset.

I did something similar, albeit much lower level in EverQuest

Ack wrote:I really enjoy open-world MMOs that I can have fun in and do my own thing. I've said my peace about what I want in the genre multiple times, I just rarely get it.

Amen.
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Haoie
128-bit

Post by Haoie »

isn't having a life great?
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

I think multiplayer and MMOrpg are very different from each other because multiplayer doesn't have to involve with rpgs.
Yiddishpilot
16-bit

Post by Yiddishpilot »

I enjoy multiplayer gaming but one thing I don't enjoy is losing to 12 year old kids. It really has nothing to do with the 12 year old and everything to do with my old man pride.