To hell with Gran Tursimo.....

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Scooter
Next-Gen

To hell with Gran Tursimo.....

Post by Scooter »

I'll be doing it in real life from now on!

Just bought this today and I couldn't be more thrilled. My face hurts from grinning like a moron so much today.

These photos were taken at the first gas stop. A bonus for me was after I handed him the check, we both realized it had factory 18's and Potenza RE040s on it. He has a set of the original 17's with hardly used OE tires which I may buy later. Absolutely nothing wrong with this car!

When we first arrived, we were early, the seller and the car wasn't there yet. I was very pleased to note that there were a couple of El Camino project cars around and a '65 Impala wagon, my kind of guy. One of the El Caminos was parked a ways down the drive and we were bored waiting so I suggested to my friend we go check it out. As we approached the car, in the bed of the EC I saw a mangled Brazen Orange Metallic front fender. It was twisted like a pretzel! What!?!? He never mentioned anything about an accident or repairs.

When he showed up with the car a short while later, it looked stunning. I think I was in love right away. I asked about the fender and he laughed, saying that that was from his PREVIOUS GTO that his brother-in-law wrecked for him. He explained that the one I was looking at was the one they tracked down to replace it. Whew! I did check but I found no evidence of any collision damage on "my" GTO.

Anyway, everything checked out, he got a check, I got a car and loan payment! Drives like a dream.
Ow! My small intestine!
The Apprentice
128-bit

Re: To hell with Gran Tursimo.....

Post by The Apprentice »

Congratulations, man. That is one stunning vehicle.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I would've been concerned about his "story". Would've gotten a carfax on it before buying.....
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

awesome ride! Image
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Have myself a limited edition azure blue 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo.

That's a nice ride you have there.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
thekorean12
24-bit

Post by thekorean12 »

Nice! And the 6.0 too... That is a badass car. Have fun.
My life for Aiur.
Kid Dracula
64-bit

Post by Kid Dracula »

That is awesome....just awesome.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

A nice piece of Australian muscle car you have yourself there :P . I miss my baby every day and wish I didn't sell it. You won't regret buying this car. An absolute blast to drive hard and very good road manners when you need it to be transport, a great all round car. Enjoy :D
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Nice. But I still like this car better...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19581&hilit=dodge+challenger
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

To hell with Gran Turismo is right....if you're only doing the 0-400. That car has balls going in a drag race, but I wouldn't take it to a track with its excessive body roll and weak brakes. When I say weak brakes, I don't mean daily driving, I mean at the racetrack. Once they heat up, they slip A LOT. So before you toss your Gran Turismo out the window, upgrade those brakes. Brembo makes a sick kit for that car...or you can source the Monaro's VXR's stock brakes if you are on a budget.

My buddy (Who owns an EVO MR) autocrossed his wife's GTO for the hell of it, but he said he couldn't push it past 9/10ths with its "cadillac-like" suspension.

Be careful out there, drive safely!

HEre is a sick video of that car....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TFM4rTZ1c