Help me get into Metal Gear

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
AppleQueso

Re: Help me get into Metal Gear

Post by AppleQueso »

CRTGAMER wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:
benderx wrote:That Bleem advertisement is no good because you can now smooth the transition on ps3.

Uh oh! Now Bleem might go out of business!

Wasteful risky use of the limited milage before YLOD. Save the PS3 just for PS3 games.

Do you have to post this in every single thread that even so much as mentions the use of PS3s for something other than PS3 games?

I understand your point, but geez man, it's getting annoying.

(also, Ps3 doesn't enhance ps1 games graphically in an way, save for adding an optional blur filter over everything. Bleemcast looks FAR better.)
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Ack wrote:Truthfully I feel it gets a bit clunky at times, as I've never been truly comfortable with combat in the MGS series, but that might be just me.

I admit that I am quite amused by a big Resident Evil fan describing a game as "clunky."
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hey, spend a little time with tank controls, you get used to them. In MGS it felt like a hassle to go between standing, crouching, and prone while trying to equip my gun and fire it while I'm being shot with a machine gun. Zombies don't have machine guns.
Riqz85
64-bit

Post by Riqz85 »

I really think it's just you Ack. I loved how MGS 1 played, and still do! Smooth as ice!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

AppleQueso wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Wasteful risky use of the limited milage before YLOD. Save the PS3 just for PS3 games.

Do you have to post this in every single thread that even so much as mentions the use of PS3s for something other than PS3 games?

I understand your point, but geez man, it's getting annoying.

(also, Ps3 doesn't enhance ps1 games graphically in an way, save for adding an optional blur filter over everything. Bleemcast looks FAR better.)

No personal attack meant on the PS3 owner just Sony. When a current Gen can be made to run consistently all day every day without the worry of heat fail as a PC or Mac then no need for the warning.

If I can help someone who doesn't realize the risk I'll say it a thousand times.
Attachments
PS3 YLOD Badge.jpg
PS3 YLOD Badge.jpg (33.96 KiB) Viewed 5867 times
PS3 Grill 02.GIF
PS3 Grill 02.GIF (38.41 KiB) Viewed 5867 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Ack wrote:Hey, spend a little time with tank controls, you get used to them.

Oh, I don't mind tank controls at all. They're just really, really clunky.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

If you wanna get into Metal Gear play Peacewalker, i've been playing through it and its missions are broken down into small chunks so its easier to finish on the go, but for a beginner i can see how this would help! and its not too hard. (for me at least) but if you dont have a PSP i'd say Metal Gear Solid 1 and 4 are your best bets
ujnhunter
64-bit

Post by ujnhunter »

Peace Walker is easily becoming my favorite of the series! But otherwise I'd go with the original MGS for the PSX. I also agree that the Essential Collection with MGS, MGS2 & MGS3 is an awesome deal!

As for PS3's being used for PS3 games... I use mine mostly for Blu-rays and PS2 games thanks!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Ack wrote: My preferred stealth action game involves poisoned rice balls, not nuclear warheads.

Tenchu amiright?
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I've never played any of them either. I think I'll start with this new one where you go around and cut things up with a sword.