When game collecting, do you go for quality or quantity?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Hagane Hiryu
16-bit

Re: Quality Vs Quantity

Post by Hagane Hiryu »

It should be whatever you want.
klutz cop
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

Quality all the way. I'm probably around 175ish games, which is small compared to many of the other members on the forums, but it is mostly filled in with games that are at least decent. Since you collect gameboy games, I'd personally say quantity since it would be cool IMO how different games are similar in game mechanics and other stuff ;)
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

If you are not going to play it, or it doesn't hold emotional links for you, pass on it.

(Of course if you find rare games cheap that would be nice in your collection pick them up).
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I'd say quality in most cases. That's how I'm handling my collection now. A bit of quantity isn't a bad thing though. I mean if you see a game going relatively cheap, but it's not anything overly amazing, it doesn't hurt to buy it. If you want to actually play your games and not just collect for the sake of collecting, quantity does have its advantages. For example it's nice to have a variety of games to play. So I'd say a mixture of quality and quantity, leaning more towards quality.

I figured a while back though that for all the cheap games you buy, but hardly play, you could have put the money together for that real gem you wanted.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Niode
Next-Gen

Re: When game collecting, do you go for quality or quantity?

Post by Niode »

Merged the threads.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys