Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

Re: 40 Pages at $10 or 70 Pages at $15 for Classic Gaming Pub?

by onemanfilmcrew Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:41 pm

[quote="lisalover1"][quote="onemanfilmcrew"][quote="lisalover1"]Definitely 70 pages for $15. I'm willing to pay a lot to get more content, if the content is good.[/quote]

I'm hoping that people think my content is good. The people that have bought my book seem to have enjoyed it, including a couple of my more critical friends who aren't gamers. I'm trying to continue that tradition with this venture as well.[/quote]
You have great content, but that shouldn't be as much of an issue than it would be to normal game publication, mainly because the content you produce is filling a niche,even amongst retro gamers. Using your Master System book as an example, very few books have been written about that system, and especially in such detail. Therefore, fans of the system and even retro gamers who are casually interested in the system know that your book has the best information about it outside the internet. You have a great idea, now all you need to do is keep it alive.[/quote]

It's coming along, I just finished laying out page 18, and I have another 19 pages already written and screenshots assembled. I'm hoping that by the end of the July 4th holiday week I'll have the first 70 page issue finished (of course it won't be coming out until after I move in August). Right now I'm aiming at a launch date of October 1 (which seems fitting since it is my birthday).
Xonticus
128-bit

Re: 40 Pages at $10 or 70 Pages at $15 for Classic Gaming Pub?

by Xonticus Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Can't wait! Let us know when we can begin ordering!
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
Return to General Gaming