Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by pepharytheworm Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Ack wrote:Truthfully, after reading numerous posts you've made, I'm beginning to wonder if there are any games you do like.

Commodore 64 games from what I gather.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
User avatar
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:38 am

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by Pulsar_t Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Silly me I thought Asscreed Brotherhood was going to be the conclusion of the trilogy. They left us with a REALLY gaping cliffhanger with the sequel.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
hashiriya1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:59 am
Location: San Francisco Bay

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by hashiriya1 Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Lord_Santa wrote:

I'd expect something to peek my interest



Pique
AppleQueso
 

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by AppleQueso Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Ack wrote:Silent Hill 8: I'm interested. I'm also terrified it will be garbage, but I'm interested.


For some indescribable reason I really liked that trailer.

Not getting my hopes up though, especially considering that this would make the 5th game in a row that manages to not look as good visually as Silent Hill 3. That's just sad.
slowslow325
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by slowslow325 Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Ack wrote:Silent Hill 8: I'm interested. I'm also terrified it will be garbage, but I'm interested.


I'm terrified that it will make me terrified!
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by Gamerforlife Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Can't wait for:

Batman:The Brave and the Bold
Sonic 4
Shank
Scott Pilgrim versus the World
The Starfox 64 update I heard about
Sin and Punishment 2(maybe I'll have a Wii by the time it comes out)
The Last Guardian

Mildly interested or curious about:

New Castlevania titles(picked up a complete copy of Portrait of Ruin today)
Portal 2
Earthworm Jim:HD

And I don't do PC gaming, but if I were a PC gamer I'd be anticipating Starcraft II(the original is one of the few PC games I've played and it was quite good)

EDIT:I meant SCOTT Pilgrim versus the World. Fixed that
Last edited by Gamerforlife on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Lord_Santa
128-bit
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by Lord_Santa Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:
Ack wrote:Truthfully, after reading numerous posts you've made, I'm beginning to wonder if there are any games you do like.

Commodore 64 games from what I gather.


mostly, yes

I like games with an oldschool flavor

I've got my Xbox360 and a good gaming-PC, so I'm "good to go" for this generation as well

I just very, very rarely get interested in the games produced these days

as mentioned, had I owned a Wii, I'd be interested in the new Zelda game, but alas

I don't really care too much for new games coming out, which may portray me as pessimistic, which is partly true

but then again; I'm on a retro-forum, mainly because I love the "old" games, not because I'm anticipating the new ones

unfortunately I am rather alone with my Commodore64 interest, but I am also very much into just about any system up until and including N64

since then, I just feel that the market stagnated and that we're getting rehashes of the same concepts over and over

I'm still curious about some of today's games and I actually invested in Risen the other day, at full price; which is something I rarely, if ever do

I am very narrow-minded in terms of gaming, but sometimes I get hooked to a certain game and will play it endlessly (shadow of chernobyl being a prime example)

I guess I need to widen my horizons, which is the primary reason I come to this site
be they new, or old games; I love hearing this community's opinions on them, since most here are from the old school of gaming; hence I value your opinions over the hype that the rest of the interwebs are trying to create regarding certain games

/rant
C-64 will never die
- only the players
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20925
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by Ack Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Ah, I gotcha. I was just wondering, since I've seen you criticize a lot of titles, but I'd never seen you praise much. I can understand your predicament though. If the N64 is the end of your preferred gaming, then would you say in general you're not a fan of 3D gaming?
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
Lord_Santa
128-bit
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by Lord_Santa Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Ack wrote:Ah, I gotcha. I was just wondering, since I've seen you criticize a lot of titles, but I'd never seen you praise much. I can understand your predicament though. If the N64 is the end of your preferred gaming, then would you say in general you're not a fan of 3D gaming?


I'm mostly a fan of the early 3D-games

that being said, I do enjoy a select few of this generations titles, as well as the previous

I do have my Xbox1, DreamCast and PS2

I rarely if ever touch my PS2, my DreamCast has that early 3D feel, which I like, but I'm mostly trying to get into the various SHMUPS on it

I am rather amazed (and annoyed) as to why 2D isn't taking up more space in today's gaming-world, since we have much higher resolution and more colors, etc., etc.

Braid was a splendid example of what I'd like to see in today's gaming

there's still titles out there, which I do enjoy, even-though they're fancy new 3D; but I'm mainly a 2D kinda guy (which is the only reason I need to own a NDS = )

still, I just feel that by N64, my favorite series peaked
Majora's Mask, proved that a Zelda game could be so much more than what we'd previously seen, Quake1 set the standards for FPS's to come, but none has ever appealed to me in the same way, since
the Amiga died a couple of years earlier and 2D gaming hid in the background

I guess I'm just used to 2D being standard for so many years of my gaming-"life", that I feel a bit put off by 3D

the main reason I'm put off by it, is the fact that they're trying to make games look as realistic as possible

if I want realism, I'll go outside

that's why I'm so intrigued by the new Zelda; don't get me wrong, I love Twilight Princess and it's graphics, but Skywards Sword feels like a step in the right direction and getting back to the fact that it is a console-game and not a movie

I'm sure I'll be surprised by a couple of the titles, once they've arrived and I had a deeper look at them, but if the industry is going to focus more and more on realism, then I think I'm better off here... in retro-land =)

I do praise certain games (Giana Sisters DS, per example), but I'm just very, very narrow-minded

I don't mean to offend anyone in their taste of gaming, since to each their own; I just have a harder time expressing my opinions on something which I like, rather than something I dislike

but as mentioned; that's why I'm on this forum, to get to know the games from independent gamers with experience

(sorry for rambling, it's 3AM over here)
C-64 will never die
- only the players
User avatar
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

by pepharytheworm Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:04 pm

^^^
You really need a DS and a Wii if you want modern games with retro appeal. I never get when people are in to retro but hate rehashes, isn't being into retro gaming like loving rehashes.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests