Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Re: Most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

Post by Lord_Santa »

pepharytheworm wrote:^^^
You really need a DS and a Wii if you want modern games with retro appeal. I never get when people are in to retro but hate rehashes, isn't being into retro gaming like loving rehashes.

I've got my DS, just need a Wii

I don't really see the connection between retro and liking rehashes, though

I'm into retro, because that's what I grew up with and the titles back then felt original, sure one could say that "if you've played one platformer you've played them all", but I don't really think that's the case

with rehashes in this context, I mean that everyone's milking the same cow

of course there's little room for innovation in today's gaming world, due to the vast availability of genres, hence it's hard to come up with something original
but in all honesty, how many Halo games are there out there by now? wasn't that meant to be a trilogy?
how many more Call of Duty and it's clones do we really need? and how many more GuitarHero/Rockband games can they make, before people grow tired?

there's just so many similar games, that it feels as if it's all melting together into one

I realize that it's hard to break the mold, if you want money in the business, which I guess is one of the reasons why SEGA has taken a turn for the worse in terms of games

still, Nintendo is the one company that keeps my hopes up for the future
I may not have the slightest interest in their new 3DS; but I am very intrigued by Virtual Console and quite a few games out there for the Wii

guess I'm just living up to the stereo-typical "when I was young things worked differently" kinda guy

*sigh*

sorry for ranting off here guys, I'll try and shut up and let the thread continue
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Ack wrote:Well, there were a couple of announcements and upcoming releases I liked, though most of these are due out in 2011.

Yakuza 4: Come on, it's Yakuza 4.

I'm really excited for Yakuza 4. It's one of my favorite SEGA franchises of recent that I have enjoyed. :)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
wakeup
32-bit

Post by wakeup »

Ack wrote:Well, there were a couple of announcements and upcoming releases I liked, though most of these are due out in 2011.

Silent Hill 8: I'm interested. I'm also terrified it will be garbage, but I'm interested.
Warhammer 40,000 MMO: I've been waiting for this one for a while.
New Zelda: What can I say? It's my favorite Nintendo franchise.
Deus Ex 3: Looking forward to trying it out.
Rage: A combination FPS/racing game from id Software. I don't like racing games much. I do like id.
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage: I love Dynasty Warriors, and Fist of the North Star is awesome. I'll be looking into this.
Yakuza 4: Come on, it's Yakuza 4.

haha Slient Hill 8. I thought that was a joke. Apparently the company thinks all those side-story games are 5, 6, 7....makes the series sound so old.

I just want to try rock band 3's keyboard. That's pretty much it.
IIICCCPIII
16-bit

Post by IIICCCPIII »

From a consumer standpoint:

Donkey Kong
LBP 2
Gran Turismo 5
Other M

From a ME standpoint:

Sonic
L.A. Noire (Unless it gets pushed back 8 more times)
Splatterhouse
Gran Turismo

And for 2001:

Mortal Kombat
Pokemon Black and White.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Crysis 2,Front mission:evolved,max payne 3,Medal of honor,fable 3.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I doubt MP3 will even be finished before spring next year. Also, they should have 'rebooted' the sequel because I seriously doubt this sequel will offer the same 'psychological tension' of the first two Remedy-developed titles.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

Post by I Feel Asleep!! »

Ni No Kuni for the DS :D

and Okamiden and Silent Hill 8...I know both are supposed to come out in 2011, but STILL I am extremely excited about both titles.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Metroid Other M
AND my most wanted game: Batman Brave and the Bold for the Wii

Oh, I also preordered Pier Solar and am looking forward to that game but I'm not holding my breath for 2010.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

splatterhouse
vanquish(rental)
sonic 4

SF 3rd Strike Online, whenever that comes out!!!
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Bradtemple87 wrote:SF 3rd Strike Online, whenever that comes out!!!
A-men brother.. Amen... I was also anticipating Valkyria Chronicles too but I'm going to wait a little while to purchase it.. Maybe just maybe the price gets reduced but probably not.. I know I'm cheap!!!

Edit: I think Other M looks pretty good, not as great as prime or anything but still fun..

I also am anticipating Gran Turismo 5... I have every game so far in the series, so why not get 5? Plus I hear the online play could be beast!
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!