My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Awesome old school flash game, Play Mario One w/ Link, Samus

by Luke Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 am

J T wrote:Ryu is now added!

Link please.

To the game, this is a non-Zelda related post.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:40 am

Luke wrote:

Link please.

Oh yeah. I see now that not every version on the web is up to date:

http://supermariobroscrossover.com/
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

by AmishSamurai Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:06 am

Ryu's fun to play with.

Version 1.2 should have Kirby.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:03 pm

J T wrote:
Luke wrote:

Link please.

Oh yeah. I see now that not every version on the web is up to date:

http://supermariobroscrossover.com/

Thanks man. I can't wait to play this, but my gaming time is diminishing like crazy.

It's nuts. I was rolling in loot and free time when I was consulting, but since taking an 8am-5pm for the financial security of my family, I've got about twelve hours per week for personal time/relaxing. Two things I really miss:

1) Playing video games.
2) Chatting online with stand up guys like JT, and other racketboy members.

Oh well, it's on to the next one. And I'm not complaining, it takes hard work to be successful, and being successful is beautiful, but for all the younger kids here; take note: Life gets really, really fucking busy. Having an hour and a half to play a video game on a Sunday morning starts to get rare. I've got about two more posts to make (I beat Super Empire Strikes Back on Jedi difficulty so I HAVE to post about that), then it's back to work.

In short: Sorry to derail this thread, but just a reminder from Luke to always stop to smell the roses.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah, free time is a precious thing. I manage to make posts here and there, but it's rare that I have much time to really sit down and play for any long period of time (like 1 hour or more). The main time I play these days is on a laptop while riding the bus to or from work on a 40 min commute. That kind of keeps me limited to games that can be played with a keyboard, minimal mouse use, and easy save options. Otherwise, yeah, it's those weekend morning before the wife wakes up and we have to start our errands that are choice times for playing. Kind of sucks getting older when it comes to gaming (though there are other benefits that make it worthwhile).
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 pm

J T wrote:Yeah, free time is a precious thing. <snip> Otherwise, yeah, it's those weekend morning before the wife wakes up and we have to start our errands that are choice times for playing. Kind of sucks getting older when it comes to gaming (though there are other benefits that make it worthwhile).

I'm trying to keep my weekend mornings constant. Keep them short, keep them fun, and keep them coming. Even if I have an awful day, I'm thankful to be on the green side of the grass.

Unless you're in the video game industry, I'm sure there is a correlation with age and time being able to spend on playing video games. I'm going to derail this thread again and say that I'm sure there is also a correlation in age and time spent with friends. Man, I think I spend about the same time around here joking around with JT, Nathan, Dave, Niode, JCree, etc. as I do with my friends since high school. Then again, that is serious praise for Racketboy; good group here.

All right and alright. I've got to get back to work. My third presentation to the board of directors in 4 days. This time, I'm going old school and addressing my plan with the 4 P's of marketing (price, promotion, placement, product). Yeah, it is rookie shit, but you gotta start somewhere to get people to listen.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Luke wrote:All right and alright. I've got to get back to work. My third presentation to the board of directors in 4 days. This time, I'm going old school and addressing my plan with the 4 P's of marketing (price, promotion, placement, product). Yeah, it is rookie shit, but you gotta start somewhere to get people to listen.

Don't forget ABC: Always Be Closing. :lol:

I should probably get to work too. These data analyses aren't going to run themselves and I need to run some descriptives to get a handle on the data sets for my dissertation and run some tests for the normality of the distributions of my variables across multiple factors to make sure that I'm not violating any of the assumptions of the inferential statistics I'm planning to use to analyze the data for my hypotheses.... yeaaah.. not as interesting as vidja games. :?
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:50 pm

J T wrote: These data analyses aren't going to run themselves and I need to run some descriptives to get a handle on the data sets for my dissertation and run some tests for the normality of the distributions of my variables across multiple factors to make sure that I'm not violating any of the assumptions of the inferential statistics I'm planning to use to analyze the data for my hypotheses.... yeaaah.. not as interesting as vidja games. :?

Interesting to me.

Decision trees ftw.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

by slowslow325 Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Kirby should definitely be added next. Possibly Pit. Possibly one of the Battletoads.
Return to General Gaming