Games Beaten: 2010

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten: 2010

Post by Luke »

You always get a full health refill when fighting Malth, so I've always just gone right for him. 80% of the time I win.

On the last stage, if I don't have a special weapon, I drop a life and start over. I know I'll need something to beat Jaquio. With Malth, I roll the dice and take a chance.

Ninja Gaiden remains an amazing game. You'd think that after beating the game you'd shout to the heavens, give the finger to your NES, and call it a night. I usually feel exhausted, enjoy the ending, and play it again for "one" more round.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden manages to be really hard, but you want to keep coming back to it to prove you are the ninja master. I even want to save Irene, despite her terrible hair. Every time I play though, I always find it funny though that as a ninja, you can easily kill army men with machine guns, leaping ninjas with blades, and freakish monster creatures... no sweat, but as soon as a goddamn seagull flies by... AAAAAAHHH! down a cliff to your death.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

I'll jump on this list but so far it's been slow going for me.
Never played any of these before 2010. Loved them all.

Portal (Beat in 4.25 hours and didn't cheat - single sit down - couldn't stop playing)
Braid (Longer but still didn't cheat, great ending)
Half Life 2 (Now I see what all the hype is about)
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Ack

Post by Ack »

J T wrote:That's one of my favorites on the SNES. Hang in there. Once you get the hang of how to use your shield, and how to aim, lock, move, and re-aim then you will have a blast. This was one of my favorites on the SNES because it was the first time I played a game where every button on the controller really mattered.

You know the funny thing about this? I didn't know you could lock the gun in place. Once I did that, I beat that boss on the first try, and went on to beat the game. I even stopped Arc Nova from collapsing, but now I need to go back and see the bad ending. Cybernator really is an awesome game, I just wish I'd figured out I could lock my gun in place a lot sooner!

Also, the napalm gun is brutal.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Raiden IV 360
Shatter PS3
After Burner 32X *new*
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dsheinem wrote:After Burner 32X *new*

I thought I was a pretty big After Burner fan until reading this post. Never knew it was on the 32X (probably because I still don't have one, nudge nudge, wink wink).

How is it?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

J T wrote:
Ack wrote:I really suck at Cybernator, the second level boss stomps me every time.

That's one of my favorites on the SNES. Hang in there. Once you get the hang of how to use your shield, and how to aim, lock, move, and re-aim then you will have a blast. This was one of my favorites on the SNES because it was the first time I played a game where every button on the controller really mattered.

My advice, learn where the power ups are and invest in your vulcan cannon. Bringing it up a level really helps your game. In the 2nd stage boss, lock your aim at a slight upwards angle and hold that. Keep firing at the hull while dodging rocks and bullets. Stay near the bottom left of the screen and focus on the dodging and you will continue to land hits. This should get you through it, but it only gets harder.

There are two endings to this game. It's based on whether or not you manage to prevent Arc Nova from crashing into the Earth's atmosphere. I like both the bad and the good ending. It's worth playing through to see both of them.

are you a fan of the film as well?

J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

noiseredux wrote:
are you a fan of the film as well?

LOL! No.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

you have no idea what yr missing, my man.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Luke wrote:
dsheinem wrote:After Burner 32X *new*

I thought I was a pretty big After Burner fan until reading this post. Never knew it was on the 32X (probably because I still don't have one, nudge nudge, wink wink).

How is it?

IMO it's the best home port (and technically it is of After Burner 2). I'm actually going to play through my entire 32X library in the next couple of months and post reviews for each game in the Reviews forum, so I'll say more later. For now, you should check out http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/afterb ... burner.htm if you haven't before.