Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten: 2010

by alienjesus Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Man, i wish i could beat ninja gaiden in 30 continues. I'm sure i've used many more than that and i haven't even REACHED Act 6 yet. I'm not looking forward to the boss.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:03 pm

I spent all of January playing Dragon Age Origins, and I'm finally to the end boss (who is kicking my ass). So I can't say I've beat it yet.

However, in the past few days, I've picked up a few other games to play through. So far I've beat one:

Raiden IV (2-7, using continues) 360
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Just played through Contra as well since it was a recent Together Retro. I had to use the Konami code, but the universe is safe now... until the next alien invasion.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Ack

by Ack Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:36 pm

I haven't beaten much beyond Soul Calibur IV and Super Bomberman 2. I really suck at Cybernator, the second level boss stomps me every time.

As for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, that's a long game! I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to the end, but it's taking its sweet time.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Ack wrote:I really suck at Cybernator, the second level boss stomps me every time.

That's one of my favorites on the SNES. Hang in there. Once you get the hang of how to use your shield, and how to aim, lock, move, and re-aim then you will have a blast. This was one of my favorites on the SNES because it was the first time I played a game where every button on the controller really mattered.

My advice, learn where the power ups are and invest in your vulcan cannon. Bringing it up a level really helps your game. In the 2nd stage boss, lock your aim at a slight upwards angle and hold that. Keep firing at the hull while dodging rocks and bullets. Stay near the bottom left of the screen and focus on the dodging and you will continue to land hits. This should get you through it, but it only gets harder.

There are two endings to this game. It's based on whether or not you manage to prevent Arc Nova from crashing into the Earth's atmosphere. I like both the bad and the good ending. It's worth playing through to see both of them.
heelsinc
32-bit

by heelsinc Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 pm

My girlfriend and I beat Halo and Halo 2 and I just finished up Buffy for xbox
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Raiden IV 360
Shatter PS3 *new*
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

by RadarScope1 Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Beat the sequel last year and then played the first game in January. It's very good, but nowhere near as good as the second one.

Working on Mass Effect now. The first one. I'm all about 2007 right now!
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:13 am

GHOSTBUSTERS the Video Game 360
Super Mario Bros. NES
Contra Rebirth WiiWare
Tetris Gameboy
Star Wars Force Unleashed 360
Street Fighter II T.E 360 arcade
Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis
Contra NES
THPS Play Station
Ninja Gaiden *new*NES

I used either 12 or 13 continues, all on the last stage, the majority on the third section. I beat Bloody Malth, with only one health bar remaining. My only strategy against Malth is to run to him, duck, and slash repeatedly. I need to practice a little more, took me an hour to beat, including cut-scenes and a few frustration breaks.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:47 am

Luke wrote:I beat Bloody Malth, with only one health bar remaining. My only strategy against Malth is to run to him, duck, and slash repeatedly. I need to practice a little more, took me an hour to beat, including cut-scenes and a few frustration breaks.

That's impressive! My strategy for Malth has always been to just get to him with enough energy left over that I can sustain several hits, then I just walk up to him and slash until he goes down, hopefully before I do.
Return to General Gaming