Games Beaten: 2010

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten: 2010

Post by dsheinem »

alienjesus wrote:Feel free to join the marathon if you like, plenty of people already have.

Maybe later this year... but, honestly, newer games rise to the top of my backlog so often that I doubt I'd be able to do this without feeling constrained. Right now I'm playing Metro 2033 and I still have Bioshock 2 and SMG2 to start (not to mention a few other games I've started but stopped like Fallout 3 and Demon's Souls). At this point, the goal is to beat at least one game for each system I own. If I can accomplish that this year, I'll be happy.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dsheinem wrote:Also, you should start listing a total

My first smart ass question to a mod:

Why? Who cares how many games you've beaten? This isn't a contest. I rolled my eyes when people started putting a number, with a larger font to add, on how many games they've beaten.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Luke wrote:

Why? Who cares how many games you've beaten? This isn't a contest. I rolled my eyes when people started putting a number, with a larger font to add, on how many games they've beaten.

Of course it isn't a contest, it's just interesting to see how many games people have beaten without needing to count them. You should add a total too! Plus, I'd like to be able to compare from year to year how many games I have played (and at what point in the year) so a running total helps me do this.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

dsheinem wrote:
Luke wrote:

Of course it isn't a contest, it's just interesting to see how many games people have beaten without needing to count them. You should add a total too! Plus, I'd like to be able to compare from year to year how many games I have played (and at what point in the year) so a running total helps me do this.

:(

I hope I don't come off as an ass with my updates. I'm not trying to brag, in fact I was thinking today that my number of beaten games this year is a bit embarrassing in a way. At first glance, it would seem that I have nothing better to do.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I just finished all 5 chapter of Tales of Monkey Island, I had been meaning to play them since they came out being a really big Monkey Island fan, but after MI4 I took my time. Well let me tell you, they did a great job on them, great puzzles, funny story, heaps of throw backs to the earlier games.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Knight 'n' Grail -Commodore 64
Red Faction: Guerrilla - 360
Don't Look Back - PC
VVVVVV - PC
Cave Story - PC
Genetos - PC
Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond - XBLA
Zupapa - Arcade
Battletoads - Arcade
19XX - Arcade
Avenging Spirit - Arcade
Shadow Complex - XBLA
Contra - XBLA
Bionic Commando: Rearmed - XBLA
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - GBA
Sonic Advance - GBA
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - DS
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie - 360
Dragon Age: Origins - 360
Mass Effect 2 - 360
Sonic Advance 2 - GBA
Bioshock 2 - 360
Toy Soldiers - XBLA
1942: Joint Strike - XBLA
Contra ReBirth - WiiWare
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth - WiiWare
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - GBA
Punchout!! - Wii
Gradius ReBirth - WiiWare
Excitebike: World Rally - WiiWare
Final Fight: Double Impact (Magic Sword and Final Fight) - XBLA
Drill Dozer - GBA
Star Parodier - WiiWare
WarioWare: Twisted! - GBA
Afterburner: Climax - XBLA
Gunstar Super Heroes - GBA
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - WiiWare
Final Soldier - WiiWare
Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure - NGPC
Mystic Riders - Arcade
Super Street Fighter IV - 360
The Great Ragtime Show (aka Boogie Wings) - Arcade
Dragon Blaze - Arcade
Shoot 1Up - XNA
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams - GBA
Rocket Knight - XBLA
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening - XBLA
Ninja Five-O - GBA
In the Hunt - Arcade
Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa - Arcade

Metal Slug XX - XBLA *new*
TOTAL: 49

Metal Slug XX is definitely a fun game that I will play again, but it only takes an hour to beat the main story and it cost me fifteen bucks. It has a ton of replay value though, so that makes up for it.
Last edited by jfe2 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Better off to buy Anthology (though fairly poorly emulated) than 15 bucks a pop.

I finished Full Throttle as well as Bad Company 2 this passing weekend.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

emwearz wrote:Better off to buy Anthology (though fairly poorly emulated) than 15 bucks a pop.

I finished Full Throttle as well as Bad Company 2 this passing weekend.

Yeah, Metal Slug XX was a total impulse buy for me. I actually told myself I wasn't going to buy it when I first heard about it, but once I got to the end of the demo I just decided to buy it to kill a few hours.

Full Throttle is an adventure game, right? I remember playing it when I was like 14 or 15. I thought it was cool that you could pull on that bartender's nose ring. :lol:

Did you play it on PC?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Yea, you could play it on just about any system now via ScummVM, I actually have the 'classics' version which runs on newer OS's fine, HOWEVER, for some stupid reason they put a graphical filter on the game and it cant be disabled, so I ended up playing it via ScummVM so as to not have to use the filter.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

jfe2 wrote:I hope I don't come off as an ass with my updates.

Not at all. I always enjoy reading your updates.

dsheinem wrote:Plus, I'd like to be able to compare from year to year how many games I have played (and at what point in the year) so a running total helps me do this.

When you phrase it like that it makes perfect sense. What the hell, I'd even add a total number next post.