Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by CRTGAMER Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 pm

AmericanMuffin wrote:The only reason I hate Gamestop is those God Damn STICKERS! God, How do you get those annoying things off?!

Look in the Guides section of the Board Index, various info.

Polishing Scratched Discs - Removing Marker Stickers Guide
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&p=398336#p398336

CRTGAMER wrote:I have been trying to find an obscure game for an older console that no Gamestop had within a hundred miles. Just to give in idea, in my local Districts alone there are about fifty Gamestops. Spread this out to the online 100 mile search radius and that is a lot of Gamestops, but none had a copy.
I updated my Rant in my previous Reply. The second copy came in thanks to a dedicated employee. She went out of her way to get me the game CIB from 400 miles away!

MrPopo wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I cannot believe I read that whole thing and still don't know game it was.
Ballz 3D

Not a Ball but a Cube!

EDIT UPDATE
Took pics and wrote an in depth review, posted in my Wii Gamecube Thread.

Take a guess before you click the link. :D

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 am

Yesterday I went into one of the stores and I saw that they are carrying gameboy advance and gameboy advance sp's from recharged. These come in their own boxes with earplugs, screen protector cleaning cloth and the sp comes with the charger. For 35.00 i think that's a sweet deal. I still think that the gba sp is still one of the best handhelds ever.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:39 pm

noiseredux wrote:I cannot believe I read that whole thing and still don't know game it was.

The game was Cubivore.

Here's the review thread

Seems like Gamestop is selling it for $12.99 while the lowest sold price on Ebay is around $35.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:57 pm

mas wrote:Yesterday I went into one of the stores and I saw that they are carrying gameboy advance and gameboy advance sp's from recharged. These come in their own boxes with earplugs, screen protector cleaning cloth and the sp comes with the charger. For 35.00 i think that's a sweet deal. I still think that the gba sp is still one of the best handhelds ever.

They're bringing them back? Or are these old ones that are still there because they never sold? And if they are bringing them back, did you see any GBA games, too?
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 pm

BurningDoom wrote:
mas wrote:Yesterday I went into one of the stores and I saw that they are carrying gameboy advance and gameboy advance sp's from recharged. These come in their own boxes with earplugs, screen protector cleaning cloth and the sp comes with the charger. For 35.00 i think that's a sweet deal. I still think that the gba sp is still one of the best handhelds ever.

They're bringing them back? Or are these old ones that are still there because they never sold? And if they are bringing them back, did you see any GBA games, too?

They were probably just old ones. My Gamestop still has some GBAs and games too.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
insanecow0
32-bit

by insanecow0 Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:51 am

A few months ago at a by 2 get one free sale, they didn't even have two of the games I selected. The boxes were there, but for some reason they did not have the games.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 am

insanecow0 wrote:A few months ago at a by 2 get one free sale, they didn't even have two of the games I selected. The boxes were there, but for some reason they did not have the games.

that happens all the time. I bet the games were really cheap ones right? When they move the PS2 games to that cheap bin that are just disc in yellow sleeves they just take all of the discs from the drawer behind the counter and stick em in that big bin. They don't always pull all the cases off the floor to throw out. So whenever this happens to me, where they can't find the disc, I just ask if I can keep the case anyway (for free). Since they're just going to throw it out, they've always given me the case when I've asked. You can then try to find the disc at another GS or eBay anyway.
insanecow0
32-bit

by insanecow0 Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:58 am

noiseredux wrote:
insanecow0 wrote:A few months ago at a by 2 get one free sale, they didn't even have two of the games I selected. The boxes were there, but for some reason they did not have the games.

that happens all the time. I bet the games were really cheap ones right? When they move the PS2 games to that cheap bin that are just disc in yellow sleeves they just take all of the discs from the drawer behind the counter and stick em in that big bin. They don't always pull all the cases off the floor to throw out. So whenever this happens to me, where they can't find the disc, I just ask if I can keep the case anyway (for free). Since they're just going to throw it out, they've always given me the case when I've asked. You can then try to find the disc at another GS or eBay anyway.

They were pretty cheap but not dirt cheap, I believe they were 10 dollars. I was going to ask for the cases but I just felt like getting out of there at that point.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 pm

insanecow0 wrote:They were pretty cheap but not dirt cheap, I believe they were 10 dollars. I was going to ask for the cases but I just felt like getting out of there at that point.

I *think* $9.99 is the cutoff, so it was probably that. Anyway, just a thought for others as like I said, I've scored a bunch of free cases/manuals this way and then found the disc to complete it later.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 pm

noiseredux wrote:They don't always pull all the cases off the floor to throw out. So whenever this happens to me, where they can't find the disc, I just ask if I can keep the case anyway (for free). Since they're just going to throw it out, they've always given me the case when I've asked. You can then try to find the disc at another GS or eBay anyway.

THIS
I have extra empty PS2 and Gamecube cases sitting on the shelf for that reason. In addition, sometimes the used games I want to purchase are in a DVD case, I always ask the employee if I can swap cases. The older PS2 cases have a nice memory card holder and the Gamecube cases are unique.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to General Gaming