Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by MrPopo Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 pm

noiseredux wrote:I cannot believe I read that whole thing and still don't know game it was.

Ballz 3D
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
User avatar
pakopako
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by pakopako Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 am

MrPopo wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I cannot believe I read that whole thing and still don't know game it was.

Ballz 3D

The sad thing is, even if I weren't delirious from staying awake over 60 hours straight, I wouldn't be sure if you were serious or not.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19093
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:18 am

Gamestop still carries Ballz 3D. It's in the "B" section, right next to Battletoads.
User avatar
Veriz
8-bit
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:53 am
Location: South Carolina, U.S.

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by Veriz Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:34 am

While I will not say I think their trade in values and prices are horrible since a business is in business to make money, no matter where you go. I will say the work environment is not good at all. I worked there for seven years all the way up to manager and it has to be one of the most stressful jobs you can have depending on your store size and location. You have about sixty hours to spread across four to five employees each week causing you to work sometimes fifty plus hours to make sure a manager is in the store at all times. And you are salaried so there is no overtime for those hours lol. But hey that is retail and it is what it is. Just remember next time you go in one of these stores the guys behind the counter may be stressed from some crazy reserve goal, trade in goal or discount card goal being laid on them by the higher ups. I definatly wish it was more about the games but these days its more and more about the money.
User avatar
CFFJR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4372
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by CFFJR Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:37 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Gamestop still carries Ballz 3D. It's in the "B" section, right next to Battletoads.


I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see if they have any copies in stock.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
User avatar
pakopako
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by pakopako Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:33 am

Veriz wrote:I definatly wish it was more about the games but these days its more and more about the money.


"Don't hate the store, hate the system."

"Stores can not be good or evil. Only the people who work in them can be evil. Or good."

"BALLZ"

That about all the cliches?
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
User avatar
flojocabron
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4155
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 am
Location: on the border

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by flojocabron Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Veriz wrote:While I will not say I think their trade in values and prices are horrible since a business is in business to make money, no matter where you go. I will say the work environment is not good at all. I worked there for seven years all the way up to manager and it has to be one of the most stressful jobs you can have depending on your store size and location. You have about sixty hours to spread across four to five employees each week causing you to work sometimes fifty plus hours to make sure a manager is in the store at all times. And you are salaried so there is no overtime for those hours lol. But hey that is retail and it is what it is. Just remember next time you go in one of these stores the guys behind the counter may be stressed from some crazy reserve goal, trade in goal or discount card goal being laid on them by the higher ups. I definatly wish it was more about the games but these days its more and more about the money.


I agree with you. At my crappy job I am many times under threat of being fired or scolded for not selling enough warranties and accessories to the main sale. Everyone needs a job and sometimes you have to lose a little bit of yourself to sell things. You know its total BS but you need that paycheck to pay those bills. And the Higher Ups waste no time telling you where your're failing. They keep track of every sale and remind you that you are not selling certain things that fall under their master plan.

Believe me, I do hate their constant bugging and Loathe the monthly meetings to discuss my sales goals! :(
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
User avatar
TEKTORO
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Beyond Conscious

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by TEKTORO Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:55 pm

*Same Deal no matter where in Retail & Sales*

Just to let you know no matter how fantastic you do,theyll only want more and more and more and more and more from you.Its not you who counts its the store as a whole.The stores the person not the people.Store level ppl are the germs,Dms are the drones and corprates are the Greed.Plain and simple no matter how peachy it all seems,theres the harsh reality $$$$$$$$.They only care about their existance as a company ppl come and go.


I rather shovel monkey shit than make a company millions only to see .000001%
of the profits,what can they do that you cant?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
User avatar
BurningDoom
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:14 am

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by BurningDoom Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:02 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Gamestop still carries Ballz 3D. It's in the "B" section, right next to Battletoads.


I better see YouTube videos soon of Ballz 3D requests at GameStop.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
User avatar
AmericanMuffin
32-bit
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by AmericanMuffin Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:58 am

I shop there for Gamecube games ONLY. At a retro shop in my area. You can buy new games for 15.00 used. I got Skyrim for 30, but only for XBox as a game to take around with me. Because I have a desktop. They also have great prices when it comes to selling old games, but they treat new games like crap, which is fine with me. But their old games are double, sometimes triple the price of new games. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I can't be too picky about it, but I deal with it.

The only reason I hate Gamestop is those God Damn STICKERS! God, How do you get those annoying things off?!
ImageImageImage
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: psbot [Picsearch] and 3 guests