Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Mendoza
128-bit

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by Mendoza Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:37 pm

AdamGomez1987 wrote:It's an evil video game mill!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEfmC6HRF4&ob=av3e

DAMN!!! :D
AdamGomez1987
128-bit

by AdamGomez1987 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Mendoza wrote:
AdamGomez1987 wrote:It's an evil video game mill!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEfmC6HRF4&ob=av3e

DAMN!!! :D

Try to tell ya :P
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 pm

thats how I feel at my job.....I'm the dude trying to offer you all of those SWEET DEALS!

I'm screaming on the inside yet I am a machine on the outside.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
AdamGomez1987
128-bit

by AdamGomez1987 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:19 am

flojocabron wrote:thats how I feel at my job.....I'm the dude trying to offer you all of those SWEET DEALS!

My God, what have they done to you :shock:
Inazuma
Next-Gen

by Inazuma Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 pm

flojocabron wrote:thats how I feel at my job.....I'm the dude trying to offer you all of those SWEET DEALS!

I used to work in the video game section of Toys R Us. My boss would always tell me to push buyer protection programs on every customer for everything they buy. I never did it. If they asked about it, I would be happy to tell them all about it, but other than that, I would never bring it up. I know it's good to obey your boss, but my morals are just too strong for me to be an asshole to people like that. I just couldn't force myself to do it.

If I worked at Gamestop, I'd be fire within a week for not being a fucking asshole to the customers. (>_<)
AdamGomez1987
128-bit

by AdamGomez1987 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Inazuma wrote:

I used to work in the video game section of Toys R Us. My boss would always tell me to push buyer protection programs on every customer for everything they buy. I never did it. If they asked about it, I would be happy to tell them all about it, but other than that, I would never bring it up. I know it's good to obey your boss, but my morals are just too strong for me to be an asshole to people like that. I just couldn't force myself to do it.

If I worked at Gamestop, I'd be fire within a week for not being a fucking asshole to the customers. (>_<)

It sounds like we need to do a bit of roleplaying of how to be a Gamestop boss and how to be a jerk to our employees! :mrgreen:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 pm

:lol: :lol: And you still like games. :D

Same thing at the Theater
My wife and I went to see a movie at the local AMC with prepaid discount tickets not knowing we had to stand in line to swap for regular movie tickets. There was a short line, but we only had ten minutes before the movie started. THE EMPLOYEE WAS PUSHING A MEMBERSHIP VOUCHER TO EACH CUSTOMER! It was the same robotic spill you get at Gamestop. When our turn finally came up, I immediately stated I just want to trade my prepaid tickets for regular tickets and no to Membership. He then started explaining the benefits of membership yada yada yada. I swear I almost commited murder at that counter. :?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Apparently Gamestop has the exclusive on Xenoblade Chronicles..
Damn them!
It's like they KNOW I want to stop supporting them.. :roll:
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 pm

EDIT UPDATE

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:Apparently Gamestop has the exclusive on Xenoblade Chronicles..
Damn them!
It's like they KNOW I want to stop supporting them.. :roll:

I wonder if eventually Xenoblade Chronicles might be available at other Retailers. Both Wii Conduits got exclusive Special Editions only at Gamestop. But this is different since both Conduits were also available at the same time at other retailers.

This goes one WORSE over an exclusive DLC. I do like the fact that the Wii is still seeing new releases though.

Adi Robertson wrote: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2011/12/ ... ailability

Xenoblade Chronicles, the best-selling and critically-acclaimed RPG for Nintendo Wii, will finally be released in the US at the beginning of April. Initially available only in Japan, the game was localized to Europe and Australia this summer and will now be coming to America exclusively through GameStop and the Nintendo site. With the release date only a few months before the Wii U is expected to come out, Xenoblade's arrival marks a welcome surprise late in the current generation's lifetime. It's also sure to please the game's substantial fanbase — at least those who haven't already hacked their consoles to play the European version.

The Good?
Maybe not a bad thing after all? Perhaps going the exclusive Gamestop route ensured a U.S. release?

Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rainfall

On June 23, 2011, Mathieu Minel, the marketing manager of Nintendo France, stated that Nintendo of Europe wanted to show Xenoblade Chronicles at the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo, but that "Nintendo of America wouldn't let them because they didn't want to show products they aren't planning to sell. Minel's departure from Nintendo was announced 11 days later. In response, fans of role-playing video games on the IGN message boards, specifically the Nintendo Wii Lobby, started a campaign the next day, dubbed "Operation Rainfall", in the hopes of persuading Nintendo of America to localize Xenoblade Chronicles, along with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Nintendo of America themselves has taken notice of the project, stating, "Hey fans, we appreciate your enthusiasm. Look for more updates to come soon. On June 29, 2011 Nintendo of America confirmed on their Facebook page that "there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Despite this, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has commented on the European launch of Xenoblade, "We will be watching very closely what happens in Europe...Certainly if there are business opportunities and positive consumer uptake from some of those titles, that will be great data for us to consider as we look at what to do with these titles.

On December 2, 2011, Nintendo revealed on its Facebook page that Xenoblade would come to North America on April 3, 2012. The game will be sold on Nintendo's online store and at retailer GameStop.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:The Good?
Maybe not a bad thing after all? Perhaps going the exclusive Gamestop route ensured a U.S. release?

I don't see how you came to that conclusion from the things you posted. Nintendo had no plans prior to the Europe launch, Europe launch goes well, now they have plans.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Return to General Gaming