Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Post by coastercrazy10 »

Forgot to post this here, but better late than never I suppose.

Went to GS on Black Friday to pick up a Black Mario Kart Wii bundle because they were running a special where Metroid: Other M came free with it. I saw it on their website on Thanksgiving so I decided that I'd get there before they sold out. Went in, talked to the (extremely cute yet extraordinarily ditzy) girl at the counter and she went and pulled out their last system and I said "wait, doesn't that come with Metroid: Other M included?" She said "LOLIDUNNO, LEMME ASK" so the manager comes over to her and she explains that I asked for a free game as part of a promotion. The manager proceeded to deny the promotion saying that they won't offer it based on hearsay. I tell him that I saw the special online and he refused to look it up on their computer so I pulled out my phone and showed him the blurb on their website. He still didn't believe me so he rung up the two items in an attempt to shut me up and Other M registered as free. He was pissed, but I was glad to finally stick it to the assholes at my GS.

-Ben
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Nice! Fuck Lamestop!
korn16ftl3
64-bit

Post by korn16ftl3 »

has any one mentioned how GS opened new collectors edition copies of deus ex to remove the on-live promo card simply because they were GS's competition?

strait up scandalist
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

korn16ftl3 wrote:has any one mentioned how GS opened new collectors edition copies of deus ex to remove the on-live promo card simply because they were GS's competition?

strait up scandalist

Didn't they do that with the last Final Fantasy, too?
korn16ftl3
64-bit

Post by korn16ftl3 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
korn16ftl3 wrote:has any one mentioned how GS opened new collectors edition copies of deus ex to remove the on-live promo card simply because they were GS's competition?

strait up scandalist

Didn't they do that with the last Final Fantasy, too?

i have no clue i know it was a huge deal with deaus ex tho they sent out $50 gift cards and shit to every one effected.....seems like the best way to say sorry id to give ppl free shit, hay it worked for PSN and for GS ;) lol
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

strait up scandalist

yeah it got talked about a lot when it happened.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

CD AGES wrote:Nice! Fuck Lamestop!

AdamGomez1987
128-bit

Post by AdamGomez1987 »

I think they call it GameStop because they are trying to Stop Gamers for they are all truly anti gamers in an attempt for the past decade to rid the world of all gamers!
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

AdamGomez1987 wrote:I think they call it GameStop because they are trying to Stop Gamers for they are all truly anti gamers in an attempt for the past decade to rid the world of all gamers!

You might think you are making a joke, but there is an lot of truth to that, sadly. I would argue that GameStop has overall done a lot of harm to gamers and the video game industry.