Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Games That Have Rain In Them ?

by o.pwuaioc Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:55 am

Ziggy587 wrote:If I recall correct, it will occasionally rain in Grand Theft Auto III. The game has a day/night feature as well as other weather effects. And, of course, every game in the series after GTA3 has those features as well.

I posted a link to that already!
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:13 am

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:If I recall correct, it will occasionally rain in Grand Theft Auto III. The game has a day/night feature as well as other weather effects. And, of course, every game in the series after GTA3 has those features as well.

I posted a link to that already!

I read your post, too! I just woke up when I posted that. :lol:

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:25 pm

I'm just came here to to say

"Zozo"
...just another lost soul...
Syndicate
16-bit

by Syndicate Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 am

...Yang's stage (Hong Kong at night) in Street Fighter III and Tung Fu Ru's stage in the original Fatal Fury.
mobiusclimber
128-bit

by mobiusclimber Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
I haven't yet played Breath of the Wild, but I've heard so many good things about it. Where does it rain? Does the over world have weather effects that come and go?

Rain is probably the worst part of Breath of the Wild. :lol: It seems to rain ALL. THE. TIME. and when it's raining, it's nearly impossible to climb. Seriously one of the worst game mechanics ever, along with weapons breaking, which BotW also has. And yes, the weather effects come and go, tho only rain/lightning. There is only snow in certain places... I don't even remember if it actually ever snows or if there's just snow on the ground.
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
marurun

by marurun Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:30 pm

mobiusclimber wrote:Rain is probably the worst part of Breath of the Wild. :lol: It seems to rain ALL. THE. TIME. and when it's raining, it's nearly impossible to climb. Seriously one of the worst game mechanics ever, along with weapons breaking, which BotW also has. And yes, the weather effects come and go, tho only rain/lightning. There is only snow in certain places... I don't even remember if it actually ever snows or if there's just snow on the ground.

Rain does really kind of shut down exploration when you don't have a lot of stamina or the climbing gear. Basically Breath of the wild has weather cycles. When it's raining your bomb arrows don't explode and you can't cook or make a camp fire. It also makes it hard to climb, because every few "steps" you'll slide back down. This is a problem because climbing drains stamina, and when you don't have much, it means you basically make zero progress. Once you've got more stamina you can kind of make climbing progress in the rain, but it's still not great. In the rain you have to stick to non-vertical exploration, mostly. There's also storms, which bring lightning. If you have any metal on you you can get struck, though the game gives you adequate warning so you can switch out your gear. But the weather usually cycles pretty quickly if you're on the move, so if you are really attached to doing something in one particular area it's best to drop an icon or a marker on your map and come back when it's not raining any more.

There is snow, but it's just a visual effect. Certain areas of the game have snow on the ground and when it's falling it doesn't add more or anything. Rain and storms are the only weather effects that have a material impact outside of sandstorms in the desert. Those do also have a mechanical effect.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:53 am

Now that you mention it... I don't remember seeing much in videogames. Interesting...
I know they are in RPG's from 16-bit era. I guess it has to do with graphics and consoles not being able to handle it... I think. If it can handle the rain drops it won't able to handle turning the environment wet. I think I saw rain in Beyond Two Souls...or snow storm...I forgot.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:59 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:
pook99 wrote:The first game I think of when I think of rain is Ninja Gaiden 2 on the nes

In retrospect it's probably rain, but I think I used to assume it was snow. Those are some big rain drops!

:lol:

Ninja Gaiden 2 was the first game that came to mind for me too. Then, I realized that the game has thunder, lightning, and snow, but no rain...

Yup, watched a walkthrough and the mountain level might be rain but is probably just snow or wind, and I was sure there was rain in the dark level but turns out it was just lightning and thunder.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Shadow of the Ninja level 1 has rain.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:59 pm

I'm playing wargroove right now and some levels have rain.
Return to General Gaming