Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2020

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:11 pm

Nice. It's very, very good (rated #2 all-time on VNDB), and not that long. Kinda lends itself to "binging" too. I found it a quick read/playthrough.

As with all VNs, I'd recommend a blind playthrough to start with. Then, use a walkthrough to see the additional endings (or, at the very least, the true ending -- the story is wholly incomplete without it).
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:36 pm

July

Switch eShop
Arcade Archives: Kangaroo
Arcade Archives: Koutetsu Yousai Strahl
Arcade Archives: MagMax
Arcade Archives: Naughty Boy
Arcade Archives: P-47
Arcade Archives: Radical Radial
Arcade Archives: Raiders 5
Arcade Archives: Sunset Riders
Arcade Archives: Vs. Baseball
Arcade Archives: Wiz
Sega Ages: Thunder Force AC

Vita
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

Steam
Déjà Vu II: MacVenture Series
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition
Making*Lovers
Muv-Luv photonmelodies♮
Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition
Shadowgate: MacVenture Series
The Uninvited: MacVenture Series

Kind of a weird month. Only one physical game. The closure of local game stores has affected my purchasing decisions quite a bit.

Gonna finally slow down on the digital stuff. My eShop wishlist has been reduced to zero. Only two more items on my Steam wishlist. Both are yet to be released, one is DLC and the other (PSO2) is gonna be free anyway.
Syndicate
8-bit

by Syndicate Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 pm

...so July ended up being a lot better for pickup than I thought, quite a bit better since a lot of it ended up being gifts from friends. Amazingly all of the Sega stuff was free which is a real blessing, so I now have;

Sega CD (with Spiderman vs Kingpin inside)
Puzzle Fighter II
Daytona USA
Virtua Fighter 2
Action Replay
Saturn 3D Pad
Fantasia
Golden Axe II
Buster Douglas Boxing
Buster's Hidden Treasure (which is hilarious b/c I had just bought a copy),
Raiden V
Deadpool
Ultimate Shooting Collection
Nintendo Land
Shmup Collection for the Switch (not pictured)

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Cordless landline phone owners represent.
Markies
128-bit

by Markies Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:05 pm

+1

That looks very similar to my cordless phone!
Markies
128-bit

by Markies Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:36 pm

Markies' Games Acquired List Of 2020!

1. Fable: The Lost Chapters (XBOX)
2. Secret of Mana 2 (SNES)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (GCN)
4. Chameleon Twist (N64)
5. Gunbird 2 (SDC)
6. Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN)
7. Pokemon Snap (N64)

8. Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (PS1)

I added Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors for the Playstation 1 this evening!

With me beating Marvel Vs. Capcom, I figured it was time to dig deeper into the fighting game genre. In the Vs. games, I was introduced to Morrigan and Felicia, both from the Darkstalkers series. Knowing that it was a Capcom fighting game, I grew even more interested in the game. I saw that it was a bit expensive, but I decided to jump on it before it got even more out of control. It's a game I know will be good and it is something that I am very interested in trying out.
Note
32-bit

by Note Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:51 am

2020 pick-ups:
1. Gunstar Heroes (GEN)
2. Lightening Force (GEN)
3. Comix Zone (GEN)
4. The Ninja Warriors (SNES)
5. Golden Axe (GEN)
6. Beyond Oasis (GEN)
7. Rocket Knight Adventures (GEN)
8. ActRaiser (SNES)
9. Castlevania IV (SNES)
10. Wonder Boy in Monster World (GEN)
11. Secret of Mana (SNES)
12. Skies of Arcadia (DC)
13. Gradius III (SNES)
14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
15. Shadowrun (GEN)
16. Zero Tolerance (GEN)
17. Super Monaco GP (GEN)
18. Biohazard Battle (GEN)
19. Castlevania - Bloodlines (GEN)

A bit late, but here are my July pick-ups. Thanks to opa and o.pwuaioc for the smooth transactions through the forum. I've spent most of this year purchasing Genesis games, but pivoted to some SNES titles in July.

20. Streets of Rage (GEN): I'm a huge fan of the Streets of Rage series, and am anticipating finally being able to play SOR4 co-op with my girlfriend this weekend. I've played through SOR2 a lot, but wanted to grab a copy of the first one so I can revisit it again, as I hadn't played through it in a really long time. Was able to find a CIB copy at a good price, but I hate seeing the hang tab ripped off. Might have to swap the shell eventually.

21. Mega Man X (SNES): Growing up, I remember playing the first Mega Man game at my cousin's house on the NES, and that is probably one of my earliest memories of the system and video games in general. But I didn't have a console until the release of the SNES. And later on I would get Mega Man X2, thanks to the articles about it in Nintendo Power. I played X2 a lot, but haven't spent much time with the first game so I'm glad to have a copy. Look forward to checking it out this summer.

22. BlackThorne (SNES): I haven't played too many cinematic platformers, but I did enjoy Out of This World back in the day. This game only got on my radar a few years ago, but I tried it out via emulator and enjoyed it more than I was anticipating. I really like the dark creepy vibe of this game, and the cover art is also really good IMO. It's gonna take some time for me to get used to the controls, but it'll be fun to put some time into this one.

23. Final Fantasy III (SNES): This was one of the first RPG games I ever had a chance to play. Around the time this game came out, my cousins' brought it over to my family's place and accidentally left it at my house for a weekend, so I had the chance to play on my own instead of just watching my cousins play. I was really young, so it was a bit above my head at the time, but it opened me up to the idea of this style of game. I got about 30 hours into the game on my SNES Classic two years ago but haven't completed it, so I gotta go back and try to finish that save file or start a new one on the original hardware. Great game.

24. Earthbound (SNES): Funny story about this game ... my friend moved into an apartment back in 2010 and the previous tenant left a SNES along with a large lot of games, including Earthbound. My friend isn't into video games at all, and we were both strapped for cash at the time, so I mentioned to him some of these games are worth good money. I could have offered to buy the lot for cheap, but I wanted him to get a fair amount for the games. Think he got about $100 for Earthbound on Ebay at the time, and he was really happy about that. I was curious about the game back then, but never got around to playing it. I finally tried it when I got an SNES Classic and finished it. I had a great time playing through it and am glad to have a copy to play on my original hardware after all these years. The soundtrack is awesome too.

25. Axelay (SNES): Earlier this year I binged on some 16-bit shooters and this is one of the games I tried via emulation. I was pretty impressed with the graphics and soundtrack, especially for a game that was released in 1992. Also, this game doesn't seem to suffer from slowdown like a lot of the other SNES shooters I've played. I wasn't able to get too far into the game on my first few attempts, but I liked what I played of it up until that point. I'd like to spend some more time with this game this summer and to try to finish it.
Last edited by Note on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:34 am

Games Acquired:

Previous months:
January:
Kuukiyomi: Consider It Switch eShop - £2.49
The Firemen SNES - £76.31
Total: 2 games - £78.80

February:
World of Goo Switch - £34.19
Beat Saber PSN (PSVR) - £24.99
Total: 2 games - £59.18

March:
Sonic Advance GBA - £5.88
Rolan's Curse 2 Game Boy - £45
Shining Wisdom Saturn - £48.78
Rod Land Game Boy - £20
Amazing Penguin Game Boy - £17.50
Sonic Generations 360 - Free
Pikuniku Switch eShop - Free
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Switch - £44.99
Mario Party 3 N64 - £73.47
Total: 9 games - £255.62

April:
Streets of Rage 4 Switch eShop - £20.24
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix (plus expansion pass)Switch eShop - £50.49
Total: 2 games - £70.73

May:
De Blob 2 Switch - £10.95
Total: 1 game - £10.95

June:
Modded Game Gear - £269.99
Streets of Rage Game Gear - £8.89
Ninja Gaiden Game Gear - £6.13
Psychic World Game Gear - £4.50
Defenders of Oasis Game Gear - £22
Crystal Warriors Game Gear - £18.99
Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble Game Gear - £19
Total: 1 console, 6 games: £349.50

July:
Kiki Kaikai - Nazo no Kuro Manto SFC - £55
Shining The Holy Ark Saturn - £76.95
Axelay SNES - £23.95
Goof Troop SNES - £11.95
Kirby's Dream Course SNES - £13.95
Tetris Attack SNES - £13.95
Decap Attack Mega Drive - £13.95
Shadow Dancer Mega Drive - £11.95
Fire Emblem GBA - £31.95
Shadow Warriors Game Boy - £13.95
Sayonara Wild Hearts Switch eShop
Wattam PS4 - both for £68.52
Sega Saturn model 2 controller - £19.95
Total: 1 controller, 12 games - £356.02

I spent too much on games the last two months, so I plan to go easy for a while.

I spent the price of a new console on a modded game gear in June. I don't think that was a good use of my money or a good idea overall, but I also don't regret it, because it has made that console far more playable for me. I got a bunch of games for it in June too, a few of which I overpaid for a bit but I did it anyway because I wanted something to play on the console. Luckily for me I'm saving money during lockdown as my travel to work was expensive before.

In July I'd normally attend a retro gaming market in London but that was obviously cancelled for now, so instead I bought some games online. Again, a few pricy ones there (Pocky & Rocky/Kiki KaiKai and Shining The Holy Ark were both more than a brand new game) but all stuff I'm glad to have.

The next few months need to be about playing games rather than buying them though!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:08 am

lol @ that apple game.
Note
32-bit

by Note Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 am

Markies wrote:8. Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (PS1)

I added Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors for the Playstation 1 this evening!

With me beating Marvel Vs. Capcom, I figured it was time to dig deeper into the fighting game genre. In the Vs. games, I was introduced to Morrigan and Felicia, both from the Darkstalkers series. Knowing that it was a Capcom fighting game, I grew even more interested in the game. I saw that it was a bit expensive, but I decided to jump on it before it got even more out of control. It's a game I know will be good and it is something that I am very interested in trying out.

Awesome pick-up. I played a bit of this series in the arcades back in the day, and on the Vampire Chronicle JP release on the Dreamcast. Always thought the character designs from this series was pretty great.

I'm not the biggest fan of the PS1 or DC controllers for fighting games though. I'd like to experience one of these games with a Saturn pad or joystick.
Return to General Gaming