Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Segata »

The more I read the more I want.

Daemon X Machina isn’t just unique for its visuals. Tsukuda said that the metal soundtrack extends into the sound effects.

“Shooting a gun sounds like a drum and there’s a laser blade that actually uses the sound of a guitar. So when you’re playing with a group of Arsenals, I was hoping to create a game that kind of felt like you were like having a jam session.”
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:
RCBH928 wrote: There is also no shortage of great games coming out like ... Starcitizen

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

They still don't have an ETA? I think this by this time even the developers want to quit on it...

Segata wrote:The more I read the more I want.

Daemon X Machina isn’t just unique for its visuals. Tsukuda said that the metal soundtrack extends into the sound effects.

“Shooting a gun sounds like a drum and there’s a laser blade that actually uses the sound of a guitar. So when you’re playing with a group of Arsenals, I was hoping to create a game that kind of felt like you were like having a jam session.”

For some reason this statement reminded of Johny Bazookatone. I thought that game was innovative but later I learned people had extremely negative opinions about it. I am a sucker for visuals though. Those 3D visuals from a CD on a CRT in the 90s... it was something...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Has anyone played PSO2 on Switch yet? How accessible is it to English speakers? I'm toying with picking up another Switch. Seriously.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I have and not accessible at all. There is PSO2 tweaker which is a program that translates the game to English for you on PC. Signing up for PSO2 is a hassle if you don't know Japanese and very much not recommended trying on Switch.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

There's guides on setting it up on Switch. I'm more wondering how playable it is once set up.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Sothe game I am playing The Lost Child is a spin-off sequel of El Shaddai and one of the first characters or Astrals to fight in your party is Enoch. I didn't even realize until I just read about it. So for the very few who are a fan of El Shaddai, here is the followup.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

It should be the same English patch as the PC version, translation-wise. If so, it is like 99% playable. There are minor texts here and there not translated, but even then its the minority, and every important thing is translated.

This applies at least to the soft level cap, which is how far I've made it.

Fwiw, I set up my and my wife's account, both on PC and mobile (The mobile game is different, but worth playing if you play the main game), and I found it rather easy. The only slightly difficult part is the captcha, since its in Kanji, but you can just use an on-screen keyboard to fill it out. (Pro Tip, there are never lower case letters in the captcha). I'm not sure how the switch or vita versions compare, but the game is fun enough that its worth a shot imo.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

When I look at the upcoming and already released games for the Switch that are 3rd party it's kind of an odd system that reminds me of 2 systems I adore. SNES and Dreamcast. You have the RPGs left and right like SNES even some from SNES and made to look like SNES like Osteopath. Then we have what DC got a lot of. Ports of middleware PC games. It's a mix of both and I think that's the biggest reason I really enjoy it. If I were to throw a 3rd system in there it would be Saturn. It has some of those odd but really niche smaller games on Eshop and Saturn of Japan is loaded with these and yeah the last part is a bit vague but not sure how to describe it really. My PS4 for me feels like a remake of either PS1 or PS2 or just a mix of both. So yeah my favorite modern systems are mainly their library is reminding me of past systems in the types of games they get.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The only system the Switch reminds me of is the Wii. Obviously there are some key differences, but I think there are lots of parallels to be found, from the game selection being distinctly different from the "main" two AAA-space competitors, to the unique titles in the eShop, to the experimental gaming ideas Nintendo is exploring.

I think there are two ways to look at the Switch. It's a console trying to be a handheld, or a handheld trying to be a console, and I think the latter is more apt. Nintendo is merging these two markets in ways that haven't ever been done before, but it's really more of the handheld ethos invading the console space than the other way around. Nintendo is now officially out of the dedicated console market. I'm not sure we'll ever see Nintendo make something that's not handheld again.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.