Podcast #70 - The Right Connection

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Podcast #70 - The Right Connection

Post by dsheinem »

In this episode, Dave and John discuss the importance of a proper video connection, talk about some recent news about Nintendo's financials, and address your questions and comments.

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racket ... connection
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #70 - The Right Connection

Post by noiseredux »

I'm proud that you guys actually made it through that one. I would have probably rage-quit around the time John knocked over the can of air.

Also, I know this is nit-picky but I kind of don't like when games such as Sturmwind, Neo XYX, etc are called "homebrew." To me homebrew denotes a sort of hobbyist thing that is just kind of shared within that community. I think of things like Beats of Rage mods. But stuff like Rush Rush, Gunlord, Dux I just think of as independently published unlicensed games. I mean, they are mass-produced and distributed by major retailers (you can find these games on Amazon, Play Asia, etc) with professional packaging.

When Redux is brought to PSN or XBLA I doubt you'll call it homebrew rather than an indie game.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

It's back!!!

Edit: your phone whistles? :lol:
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Opa Opa wrote:

It's back!!!

Yeah this one was frustratingly hilarious. It hadnt made a sound until after we started to record. I havent had one beep since either.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Interesting insights on the Nintendo financial situation. I hadn't been following it closely and didn't realize they might be approaching dire straits. Funny to see how the industry has shifted after such a long period of dominance in the 80's and through the mid 90's. I never thought about how Nintendo 64's sales performance might've injured the Gamecube. Cool points, JMustang.

Maybe the Wii-U will end up being a niche console that we can pick up in a bargain bin like I did with the Virtua Boy. :twisted: