Podcast #68 - Cult Classics for the Brogamer

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #68 - Cult Classics for the Brogamer

Post by dsheinem »

Ack wrote:Didn't that thread about cult classics specifically say not to discuss downloadable-only titles? And no discussion of Shadows of the Damned?

nope.

Jmustang1968 wrote:I think the point he was making was that some of the titles being downloadable will make them not as soughy after and bring down their potential for being a cult classic.

In an age where almost all media of all periods is regularly available and accessible, I don't think that rarity/availability has anything to do with the future "cult" status of something.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Aramonde wrote:good show guys, i have a suggestion on people to interview though. You could try get some youtubers that do retro game stuff like the guys from Game Sack or Johnny from Happy Console Gamer (OMG that would be awesome!!!) or AVGN (that would be hard because he's so busy). If you done shows with them before then sorry but im a noob to Racketboy.

There was one episode (I think it was a live one at Too Many Games) with James Rolfe on it.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

dsheinem wrote:
Ack wrote:Didn't that thread about cult classics specifically say not to discuss downloadable-only titles? And no discussion of Shadows of the Damned?

nope.

Jmustang1968 wrote:I think the point he was making was that some of the titles being downloadable will make them not as soughy after and bring down their potential for being a cult classic.

In an age where almost all media of all periods is regularly available and accessible, I don't think that rarity/availability has anything to do with the future "cult" status of something.

I guess I forgot the point you were trying to make when you were distinguishing if available digitally or now. I guess I need to go back and listen again.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

opinions presented on the podcast may not actually be those of the hosts who present them
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Jmustang1968 wrote:I guess I need to go back and listen again.

again? I never got the impression that you were listening to Dave during the recordings. :wink:
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

noiseredux wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:I guess I need to go back and listen again.

again? I never got the impression that you were listening to Dave during the recordings. :wink:

This is true...
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Dave and John actually record at completely separate times. I'm tasked with stitching what they say together so it resembles a facsimile of a conversation.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:Dave and John actually record at completely separate times. I'm tasked with stitching what they say together so it resembles a facsimile of a conversation.

that explains why they often seem to be talking about completely different things... at the same time the other is talking!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

man, remember how much better the show was when it was just me?
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

dsheinem wrote:man, remember how much better the show was when it was just me?

One would've had to be listening to remember.