Podcast #60 - The Show of the Game of the Generation

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Podcast #60 - The Show of the Game of the Generation

Post by dsheinem »

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racket ... generation

In this episode Dave and John talk about what they've been playing and picking up, discuss last month's E3 and the Xbox One controversies, banter about games with fireworks, and answer your questions before discussing spoilers about The Last of Us at the end of the show (after the outro music).

Games discussed in some detail:
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Shining Force 2
State of Decay
Dragon Age Origins
Fantavision
The Last of Us
Opa Opa

Re: Podcast #60 - The Show of the Game of the Generation

Post by Opa Opa »

So you guys don't care about the Oddworld games? I would've thought at least one of you guys would like them. They're classics.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Opa Opa wrote:So you guys don't care about the Oddworld games? I would've thought at least one of you guys would like them. They're classics.

I respect them for their style and uniqueness. But on a whole, I am not much of a platformer fan. Run n guns with platforming I enjoy a bit more.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Listening right now!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

did we talk about Oddworld?
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

dsheinem wrote:did we talk about Oddworld?

The remake yes, it was an answer to the E3 question. You said you didn't like them and I was surprised as I thought you would have.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Great show guys.

Worth mentioning the retron 5 will have save states. No more worrying about RPG cart batteries or beating a platformer in one sitting. Also, the ability to choose 4:3 or 16:9 and HDMI or composite gives you a lot of options. Sounds promising but I'm with you, I'll wait for the initial reviews (looking at you Neo Geo X!)

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Jagosaurus wrote:Great show guys.

Worth mentioning the retron 5 will have save states. No more worrying about RPG cart batteries or beating a platformer in one sitting. Also, the ability to choose 4:3 or 16:9 and HDMI or composite gives you a lot of options. Sounds promising but I'm with you, I'll wait for the initial reviews (looking at you Neo Geo X!)

This reminds me, I mention to bring this up about the Retron 5:

Save States, multiple video options (including filters and aspect ratio), remappable controls...

No way in hell is the Retron 5 hardware based, that kind of stuff you can only do with software. Of course, every other clone console was hardware based (really crappy NOAC's, usually, and they pretty much all use the same one), so this is actually kinda an improvement, but... yeah.

I'm sure it'll be a fine system, but I've seen some of the marketing stuff about it and generally it's a bunch of weird nonsense that mostly makes zero sense.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Sorry I know I'm late to the game, but I agree with Dave about the Kinect being required definitely has a chance of being a good thing. I ended up using the Kinect-microphone for Mass Effect 3 and I was pleasantly surprised with what a great add on that was. Did either of you try that with ME3?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Stark wrote:Did either of you try that with ME3?

I had/have no interest in the 360's Kinect, but the requirement of one on the Xbox One means that I am more hopeful there will be something to raise my interest in the future.