Podcast #57 - Added Multiplayer

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Podcast #57 - Added Multiplayer

Post by dsheinem »

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racket ... ultiplayer

Dave and John are joined by Operation Rainfall's Chris Stollings (maruaderex) to discuss what they've been playing, what they think of recent retro news, their take on multiplayer vs. single player FPS experiences, and the site's new RPG of the month club. Listen for the first show "flashback" around the 16 minute mark!

Games discussed in some detail:
Class of Heroes 2
Culdcept
Fantastic Dizzy
Fire Emblem Awakening
Lost in Shadow
Metro Last Light
Resident Evil 4
R-Type
Shining Force 2
Sleeping Dogs
The Incredible Machine
Opa Opa

Re: Podcast #57 - Added Multiplayer

Post by Opa Opa »

Enjoyed this episode!

On Battlefield: I've never been a big PC gamer but I do vaguely remember the early Battlefield multiplayer being a big deal.

On "tacked-on" multiplayer: I agree with you guys. You pretty much know what you're getting into whether you buy the latest Call of Duty or Battlefield. There aren't any games that I can think of that the addition of multiplayer ruined the single player experience. I think the latest Dead Space added co-op but I'm pretty sure that it was optional.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Opa Opa wrote:Enjoyed this episode!

On Battlefield: I've never been a big PC gamer but I do vaguely remember the early Battlefield multiplayer being a big deal.

On "tacked-on" multiplayer: I agree with you guys. You pretty much know what you're getting into whether you buy the latest Call of Duty or Battlefield. There aren't any games that I can think of that the addition of multiplayer ruined the single player experience. I think the latest Dead Space added co-op but I'm pretty sure that it was optional.

Great to hear! What did you think about having a guest on the show? Did it make it too busy? Did it enhance the show by adding a different pointnof view and voice? This could be something to consider if we were to have future guests.
eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

Loved the flash back to last episodes Together RPG discussion. Liked the added guest input as well. Keep up the good work.
Need Hexyz Force and Class of Heroes 2 for a complete PSP RPG Set.....let me know your price!!!!
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

I liked the guest host and appreciated their input. My only 'problem' is that the show was a little longer than usual. I had to listen to half of the podcast yesterday and finish it up today.

I don't think I'd like every podcast to be as long as this one but I really enjoyed having another perspective on things.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Thanks for doing the games you discussed list! Awesome. Can't wait to give it a listen.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Jmustang1968 wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:Enjoyed this episode!

Great to hear! What did you think about having a guest on the show? Did it make it too busy? Did it enhance the show by adding a different pointnof view and voice? This could be something to consider if we were to have future guests.

I enjoyed it. Big fan of Chris' YouTube channel. Great guest. Flowed well.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5