Podcast #50 - A Peek at What Never Was

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Podcast #50 - A Peek at What Never Was

Post by dsheinem »

50?! :shock:

For our 50th Episode we thought it might be fun to show you a peek behind the curtain of the show by airing some things that (for good reason) never made it into an actual episode. In this episode you’ll hear the intro to an episode made exclusively for the first Racketboy meetup (in Texas in 2010), you’ll hear some of John’s co-host audition as well as parts of those from two other folks, and you’ll hear Dave's thoughts on the first 50 episodes and the future of the show.

Special thanks to YoshiEgg25 and SpaceBooger for their help/permission :)

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racket ... -never-was
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #50 - A Peek at What Never Was

Post by sevin0seven »

woot! 50th episode!
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

wow, who would have thought you'd drag this thing out long enough for the obligatory clip-show? :wink:

Congrats on #50, Dave (and how ever many you've been on now John). Keep up the good work. I'll look forward to hearing this one on my Monday morning commute.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:wow, who would have thought you'd drag this thing out long enough for the obligatory clip-show? :wink:

Congrats on #50, Dave (and how ever many you've been on now John). Keep up the good work. I'll look forward to hearing this one on my Monday morning commute.

I was going to put together a "clip show" but it was too much work to go back through everything (now like 100+ hours of audio :roll: ). This is something a little different.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:This is something a little different.

though I haven't heard it yet, I'm sure this is better than a clip show, as it will be unheard material to faithful listeners.

Although when you hit #100, a clip show might be called for. When the time comes I could certainly volunteer some hours to helping find choice moments.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:This is something a little different.

though I haven't heard it yet, I'm sure this is better than a clip show, as it will be unheard material to faithful listeners.

Although when you hit #100, a clip show might be called for. When the time comes I could certainly volunteer some hours to helping find choice moments.

Thanks for the kinds words. I might take you up on that offer at some point, too.
Flake

Post by Flake »

I was at the 2010 meet up and don't at all remember any special podcast. Neato!

Edit: Lol, it's funny listening to Dave talk about the Galleria in Dallas and the Metroplex. Fort Worth was my old stomping ground.

Edit 2: Dave also gets points for referring to it as "Showbiz Pizza".
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Loved the Podcast. It is really cool to see some of the behind the scenes and how each person has their own unique style as to what they wanted to say and how.

I gotta ask though, does Fred do a podcast? I'm loving his personality and his voice is awesome!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I gotta ask though, does Fred do a podcast? I'm loving his personality and his voice is awesome!

No I do not have my own podcast, but I do talk for a living... that's kinda like a podcast.
Thanks though.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.