Next-Gen

Podcast #34 - PAX East 2012

Post by dsheinem »

There are three great interviews this week:

Double Dragon Neon
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail

Here: http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racket ... -east-2012

Also, there's a new contest wherein you can win some Capcom posters from the show! Listen to find out details...

Also, John finally has a decent mic!
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #34 - PAX East 2012

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Hooray for new mic!
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Loved it guys. Thanks for covering Double Dragon Neon and Sonic 4 Episode 2. These are both series I have some buy-in for. After looking at some videos for Double Dragon Neon, I have some hesitations for the gameplay (I personally loved the second game on NES best) but I dig the soundtrack at least. For Sonic Team, it's great to hear they're taking some criticisms to heart--getting the chaos emeralds are tough as hell, I hope this is easier in the next episode. On the negative end, I also don't care much for the homing system, but I trust you're right since you got to play it on the floor. I'll definitely pick up both.

I have one suggestion, in terms of the interviews, maybe using a slight interlude or introduction to whom you're going to speak to next. I know you prefaced before you began the three interviews, but would it be valuable to include something along the lines of, "Next we'll hear from _______, representative for Sega of America"? I really dig your style of podcast, it really sounds like an NPR broadcast of "All Things Considered".

Thanks for answering my question too! I was definitely satisfied with your answers. I'm just now recently embracing the retro gamer lifestyle, so I'm not quite ready for the next generation. :) Great job!
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Blu wrote:Loved it guys. Thanks for covering Double Dragon Neon and Sonic 4 Episode 2. These are both series I have some buy-in for. After looking at some videos for Double Dragon Neon, I have some hesitations for the gameplay (I personally loved the second game on NES best) but I dig the soundtrack at least. For Sonic Team, it's great to hear they're taking some criticisms to heart--getting the chaos emeralds are tough as hell, I hope this is easier in the next episode. On the negative end, I also don't care much for the homing system, but I trust you're right since you got to play it on the floor. I'll definitely pick up both.

I have one suggestion, in terms of the interviews, maybe using a slight interlude or introduction to whom you're going to speak to next. I know you prefaced before you began the three interviews, but would it be valuable to include something along the lines of, "Next we'll hear from _______, representative for Sega of America"? I really dig your style of podcast, it really sounds like an NPR broadcast of "All Things Considered".

Thanks for answering my question too! I was definitely satisfied with your answers. I'm just now recently embracing the retro gamer lifestyle, so I'm not quite ready for the next generation. :) Great job!

Appreciate the feedback Blu, glad we have another new listener.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Also, it's extremely cool you guys are available on iTunes. Usually it's my girlfriend who has all the podcasts, I'm glad I finally have one worth subscribing too! :D
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I can't believe there aren't any contest entries here yet for the DMC HD Collection/Dragon's Dogma posters...