Podcast Questions for You, Podcast Questions for Us!

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast Questions for You, Podcast Questions for Us!

Post by Cronozilla »

There's only four choices for North America and you eliminated three of them. The only option left is Wii Party U.

I'm not entirely sure you will be able to sell off your digital code, since it requires you to register on Club Nintendo, but it's something you might want to consider.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Yeah, no way am I recommending Wii U Party to you. I'd say do Wind Waker. It's not like other 3D Zeldas you might have played, whereas Pikmin seems like more Pikmin to me.

Also food for thought: it and OoT are the only 3D Zelda's I have cared to beat.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Aramonde
128-bit

Post by Aramonde »

dsheinem wrote:what topics or questions do you have for us? We record tomorrow.

Also, a question for you: Here's a question for you: Which free Wii U game should Dave get with MK8. He doesn't have any of them except NSMBWU, hasn't enjoyed past forays into 3D Zelda (neither N64 game nor the first bit of Twilight Princess), and was bored with the first Pikmin.

Can it be any Wii U game or does it have to be published by Nintendo?

Also i would like for you guys to talk about the Bootleg/Repo Poll thread if you have anymore thoughts on it since the last show.

And for a question, how about which of these consoles and carts do think is better just on looks alone?

Famicom or NES?

Famicom
ImageImage

Nintendo Entertainment System

----------------------------------------

JPN/PAL SNES or NA SNES?

And their Carts too

-----------------------------------------
And lastly JPN Megadrive cart vs NA/PAL

Last edited by Aramonde on Thu May 29, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I'm not going to recommend Wii Party, and you say you have Mario already, so that means you're stuck choosing between the other two really.

Personally, I think Pikmin 3 is the more interesting game. I like what ti does with the touch screen, I love the gameplay, and I think it's utterly charming.

Wind Waker is one of my favourite games ever, but it's not something I think will show the Wii U off to you really.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

alienjesus wrote:Wind Waker is one of my favourite games ever, but it's not something I think will show the Wii U off to you really.

Idk...I think I'll disagree with that statement. That game was one of the most enjoyable games that was enhanced with the gamepad IMO. Not having to pause every time you want to switch equipment and having the ability to check your map and treasure charts while you had the boat simultaneously heading somewhere was all really intuitive and saves time.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

CavZee wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Wind Waker is one of my favourite games ever, but it's not something I think will show the Wii U off to you really.

Idk...I think I'll disagree with that statement. That game was one of the most enjoyable games that was enhanced with the gamepad IMO. Not having to pause every time you want to switch equipment and having the ability to check your map and treasure charts while you had the boat simultaneously heading somewhere was all really intuitive and saves time.

I think Pikmin 3's uses of it as both a communications device and for commanding your team for multitasking shows it off much better than using it as a quick item select.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

keep the questions/topics coming - we record in an hour or so!
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

What were some of your favorite game rentals when you were a kid?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

we are going to record tonight - have any questions or topics for us to weigh in on?
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Hi Duders!

Aaron and I aren't totally clear on when we'll be guesting. We think it will be the 10th or 11th, sometime at night, but some clarification would really help.

Aaron and I really appreciate you having us on air and are really looking forward to speaking with you two. No doubt it will be a blast. We want to do the best job possible, so please let us be as beast (keeping the typo) prepared as possible by letting us know when we will be calling in and what topics we'll be discussing.

This is going to be tons of fun, and Aaron and I can't wait to be a part of the podcast. And of course, if I can help out in any way just shout.

Thanks!