CHARITY AUCTION LIVE PODCAST

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: CHARITY AUCTION LIVE PODCAST

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ Maybe something geared around what you are looking forward to in 2012 in the industry and tie it in with any retro collecting goals as well?
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

retrosportsgamer wrote:^ Maybe something geared around what you are looking forward to in 2012 in the industry and tie it in with any retro collecting goals as well?

Yeah, something like that would be interesting. Maybe if some collectors want to share their thrifting techniques and any ideas they can offer to help those acquire the items on their want list this year.

One thing i've wanted to blog or discuss but never get around to doing is if local multiplayer is slowly dying in exchange for online play. What was once a staple of a successful game seems to be forgotten in many modern games.

Maybe even finding out whats taboo or accepted techniques for collectors, IE disc buffing, removing tabs from genesis cases, replacing jewel cases, etc. What should be disclosed upon sale and whats acceptable practice.

Is there any sort of a song suggestion thread? Build up a catalog of music to select from if you're ever short on ideas. :)
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

Mechblue wrote:One thing i've wanted to blog or discuss but never get around to doing is if local multiplayer is slowly dying in exchange for online play. What was once a staple of a successful game seems to be forgotten in many modern games.
Dying? I thought it was dead. There was a bit of backlash when "Scott Pilgrim" came out a few year(s) back with no online multi-player capabilities. (I do miss multi-player though, and gladly acquiesce players banding together online.)

As for collector's taboos... that may end up being subjective depending on the collector, or collection quality. Much like how the game after-market fluctuates, there is really no way to numerically track nostalgia. (Well, VGA tries to.)
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

pakopako wrote:
Mechblue wrote:One thing i've wanted to blog or discuss but never get around to doing is if local multiplayer is slowly dying in exchange for online play. What was once a staple of a successful game seems to be forgotten in many modern games.
Dying? I thought it was dead. There was a bit of backlash when "Scott Pilgrim" came out a few year(s) back with no online multi-player capabilities. (I do miss multi-player though, and gladly acquiesce players banding together online.)

As for collector's taboos... that may end up being subjective depending on the collector, or collection quality. Much like how the game after-market fluctuates, there is really no way to numerically track nostalgia. (Well, VGA tries to.)

It's almost dead. I review a few games here and there for work and there are a few games that are a no brainier for side by side racing as well as online play. Oddly they favor online play only and completely ignore those that many want to plug in controller 2 and have some fun. They offer system link but who is going to haul over an extra gaming system, TV and hook it all up just to play against each other? Sure they could go at it online but that's not as much fun. In the past few games I've noticed a bit of a reversal with a few newer games adding the side by side racing options as well as that new slick 3D sony tv that offers an interesting solution to split screen gaming.

As for the taboo thing, yeah its really going to vary from person to person, but I thought it would be more like, what is taboo to each collector who is listening. Just list what they've come across that might rub them the wrong way. or maybe clarify something that they think would bother most collectors but actually doesn't? Its a broad enough topic it should get some callers and people chatting and responding. :)
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

finally remembered I needed to listen to this still haha. I listened to the first 40 mins on my commute. I quite like the call-in thing, at least for this episode. It was like "woah, it's aaron! Hey! It's Yoshi! No way! Flake!" ...in a sense hearing all these voices (and of course, coming together for a good cause) was a really good reminder of just what a great community we have here.