CHARITY AUCTION LIVE PODCAST

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: LIVE TONIGHT 10:30pm-1:30amEST: CHARITY AUCTION LIVE POD

Post by aaron »

anyway, enough of that bs. good podcast! thanks for letting me be a part of it :)
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

thanks everyone - what a ridiculous idea for a show - glad you were there to make it work!
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

saturnfan wrote:
aaron wrote:"yeah i would agree that the shooting mechanics in call of duty are better than skyrim"

hahaha

They were calling me out for saying that call of duty is just the same old stuff we keep getting. However, they got me on the shooting mechanics. I can't argue with that.

I also liked the "We play Call of Duty 4" when asked what retro games they like to play. :lol:

The shtick was ruined with the slur at the end of course. I love the internet.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I thought the show was great, and I honestly think it'd be a cool idea for future shows. An open forum talk radio style, and have some members call in and rap with you for a bit. Maybe have a specific set of topics to discuss.

I'd enjoy the hell out of that.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Re: CHARITY AUCTION LIVE PODCAST

Post by MrHealthy »

Aye, it would be fun to listen into a live show more often. Though you should probably only do it for an hour max.

Anyways, just trimming up and saving the podcast. Probably won't get it uploaded tonight but it will be in your hands by tommorow night for your re-listening pleasure.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

CFFJR wrote:I thought the show was great, and I honestly think it'd be a cool idea for future shows. An open forum talk radio style, and have some members call in and rap with you for a bit. Maybe have a specific set of topics to discuss.

Hell, if dsh wants a co-host for that (which I think he mentioned), I'd be willing to do it. I do my own podcast, so I already have some of the materials needed.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: CHARITY AUCTION LIVE PODCAST

Post by dsheinem »

cool, blogtalkradio records it for you - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/racketboyp ... dcast-live
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

CFFJR wrote:I thought the show was great, and I honestly think it'd be a cool idea for future shows. An open forum talk radio style, and have some members call in and rap with you for a bit. Maybe have a specific set of topics to discuss.

I was thinking the same thing. Even with very short notice there was a lot of activity and good callers. I would certainly listen in if forum members had a call-in show once every other month (or quarter - whatever is easier).
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

retrosportsgamer wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Even with very short notice there was a lot of activity and good callers. I would certainly listen in if forum members had a call-in show once every other month (or quarter - whatever is easier).

I'd be interested in pursuing this, but there's a major catch: cost.

The setup I used last night runs $100 a month or $1000/year, and there's a slightly downgraded option that runs $40 a month and (iirc) $400 a year. Considering I don't make a dime from the podcast, this isn't something I am willing to pay for. I initiated and used a one month free trial last night, and have every intention of canceling it before the month runs out. There is a free option, but it gives you less control over phone lines and limits the show to 30 minutes in non-prime time slots.

I'd be interested in hearing about free alternatives, if anyone has ideas. I think it would be fun to do something like what we did last month on a quarterly basis, perhaps even having a special guest on from time to time where forum members can call in with their own questions. It was fun (despite the lack of planning and generally haphazard approach), so I'm all ears about suggestions.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

dsheinem wrote:
retrosportsgamer wrote:

I'd be interested in pursuing this, but there's a major catch: cost.

The setup I used last night runs $100 a month or $1000/year, and there's a slightly downgraded option that runs $40 a month and (iirc) $400 a year. Considering I don't make a dime from the podcast, this isn't something I am willing to pay for. I initiated and used a one month free trial last night, and have every intention of canceling it before the month runs out. There is a free option, but it gives you less control over phone lines and limits the show to 30 minutes in non-prime time slots.

I'd be interested in hearing about free alternatives, if anyone has ideas. I think it would be fun to do something like what we did last month on a quarterly basis, perhaps even having a special guest on from time to time where forum members can call in with their own questions. It was fun (despite the lack of planning and generally haphazard approach), so I'm all ears about suggestions.

Well, what I use for my podcast is Skype and Livestream together; maybe there's a way to allow a queue for that? Like maybe, people call a certain Skype number and you put them on hold or something? In that case, you'd have to air it on Racketboy TV, but it's better than the alternative.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)