Podcast #26 - The Able Gamers

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Podcast #26 - The Able Gamers

Post by dsheinem »

If I do say so myself, this is another excellent interview from PAX East. My interview with the Able Gamers was one of the most memorable I've had at the con so far, and their passion for their project really shone through. I think you'll learn a lot from this one, and I am sure you'll enjoy it:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2011/07/ ... amers.html
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #26 - The Able Gamers

Post by noiseredux »

excellent show, DSH. Though I had to strain to hear some of the guests at times, I realize this was not yr fault and really not a lot could have been done about that. But very interesting and eye-opening. I certainly agree with the idea that games should have options that would open them up to MORE gamers without sacrificing anything. It makes sense from most standpoints, including the bottomline (most likely. I have no statistical data myself...)

I also found the who "Sleeping Baby Test" thing really interesting. I don't have a sleeping baby. But I do have a wife and a shared apartment. This means that often while I'm gaming my wife might be in the same room watching TV or reading a book. It's very, very rare that I play games with the volume up very loud. In fact, I'm a bit of a multi-tasker and I'm usually listening to the TV while playing a game. So to me having closed captions in games that rely heavily on story has been great. I remember being so thrilled when I found the captions option in the menu for FFXIII for instance. However I hadn't given much thought to the concept of True Captions -- "you hear a floor board creak behind you."
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

I just listened to this episode of the podcast and really enjoyed it. I think it's really awesome what The Able Gamers are doing. Good work on interviewing them and help spreading awareness. Keep up the good work, Dave.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Can't wait to listen to this tonight! :)
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

i really enjoyed myself for that interview. what they had to say was very heartfelt. i just wish i didn't miss the panel they had going on. i do remember having a coughing attack building in my throat during it. was a close call on my part. :lol:
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I appreciate knowing that people feel the effort for a show is worthwhile :D
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Excellent episode. I'm happy too that transcripts will be available for the next shows, since I sometimes can't listen to them for one reason or another.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

jfrost wrote:Excellent episode. I'm happy too that transcripts will be available for the next shows, since I sometimes can't listen to them for one reason or another.

We're going to try and make them available for older shows, not new shows...
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Oh, ok. I understood it wrong then. Still, good news.