What would get you to listen to the racketboy podcast?

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What would get you to listen to the racketboy podcast?

Post by noiseredux »

I guess it does need to be plugged more often than it is.

Dave, this is just me but I think it could benefit from some sort of regular schedule. But I think that about any sort of series. If I know for a fact it comes out the first day of every other month for instance, then I'm gonna be looking forward to downloading it that day. Y'know?
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

The podcast forum is the second least viewed forum and looks like Noise only posts in them... I remember listening to it once a while back, but didn't like it since it was too formal for my tastes. Maybe have people to vote the topic each podcast?
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

swiftzx wrote:The podcast forum is the second least viewed forum and looks like Noise only posts in them... I remember listening to it once a while back, but didn't like it since it was too formal for my tastes. Maybe have people to vote the topic each podcast?

if you haven't noticed, I talk a fucking LOT.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

It seems the podcasts are either hit-or-miss with me because I never really liked the topic choices. :| (I'm seriously not trying to put the podcasts down because I know a lot of work is put into them. Just giving my honest opinion.)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Opa Opa wrote:It seems the podcasts are either hit-or-miss with me because I never really liked the topic choices. :| (I'm seriously not trying to put the podcasts down because I know a lot of work is put into them. Just giving my honest opinion.)

a few people have mentioned "topic" vaguely, but it would probably help DSH if people said "These are the topics I like... and THESE are the ones I disliked..."
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:It seems the podcasts are either hit-or-miss with me because I never really liked the topic choices. :| (I'm seriously not trying to put the podcasts down because I know a lot of work is put into them. Just giving my honest opinion.)

a few people have mentioned "topic" vaguely, but it would probably help DSH if people said "These are the topics I like... and THESE are the ones I disliked..."

Or to have more people chime in here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16422

I've probably culled about 10 guests or more from that thread alone...
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

I prefer to read a good article rather than listen to a podcast. I never been a fan of talk radio so why would I start with a podcast?
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

noiseredux wrote:a few people have mentioned "topic" vaguely, but it would probably help DSH if people said "These are the topics I like... and THESE are the ones I disliked..."

Alrighty.
I'd say the Phantasy Star podcast is my favorite but I didn't particularly enjoy the MechCorps podcast.

These are the only two that come to mind right now but I'll post more if I can remember my thoughts on the others.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Opa Opa wrote:
noiseredux wrote:a few people have mentioned "topic" vaguely, but it would probably help DSH if people said "These are the topics I like... and THESE are the ones I disliked..."

Alrighty.
I'd say the Phantasy Star podcast is my favorite but I didn't particularly enjoy the MechCorps podcast.

we apparently have very similar tastes.
FAHQALL
24-bit

Post by FAHQALL »

Regular schedule, for sure. Maybe every two weeks or so. I subscribed to the podcast a while ago, and listened to the MechCorps one, but didn't even know there was an Atari Homebrew one out. How long was the time off between them?